Thursday, January 31, 2019

Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space Mobile Game Review!

Rated Teen
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space
Mobile Game App


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Wow, I did not know what I was getting into with this game today. I have come across a few great mobile RPGs lately. Today I struggled to even get moving so instead of searching for something I just grabbed what came up last night for a Blast Mission. This game really took me by surprise. I do play a lot of games, most games I play I do not typically make it past the first hour. Since I been doing these reviews I have come across a few games that grabbed my attention, but nothing too serious. This game really got my attention. Now on to the review!



Game Play
Well, let us just jump into the mechanics. Yes this is a mobile game, but this game is set so you can play it so very easily with a single finger! The way you navigate this game is very streamlined. Simple left, right and up or down movements help you easily move around in the game. It almost has the feel of a platformer style game. Combat is fairly simple as well. It is just as easily a point and click system. Now for the game itself. It has a character development feature using an ability board. There are quests, side quests, and a lot of interactive features as you run around exploring the maps. Small advice! If it looks suspicious then click it! Now just at the end of my initial play, I found that there is a feature called Encounter. So far to me, it looks like a summoning feature where you can summon allies to aid you on your journey. This game is full of all your basic RPG style mechanics with a lot of great new inventive features. Well, at least to me they are. I was never a huge fan of mobile gaming until recently. Overall for the mechanics and gameplay, I gave this a full star!




Graphics
Wow, these graphics are stunning. They have an amazing mix of anime and a high-resolution old school feel. They really excelled in the graphics and animations with this game. I was thoroughly impressed. The movement in the animations gave me a feeling like it was old school animation done back with shockwave. Many of you may not even remember shockwave or old flash videos. The graphics were done very clean. There is no suggestive nature, no blood, nothing like your typical games of today that use these high selling points. This game was truly designed as a game and for the game itself. For this, I gave it a full star!




Music
Ok, so I am very music motivated and driven. I enjoy all styles of music from all around the world. RPG games in general always have amazing soundtracks to me. I could honestly listen to these all day long while I work. Now I know I am not the best to explain music by any means, I am however looking at other reviewers who review music for some pointers, so please just continue to bear with me here. This soundtrack or music set is very instrumental and emotionally driven. You get a good sense and feel for this game and its progress with the music. Now some of the narration, on the other hand, had me scratching my head. She looked Asian but sounded British? Trust me, you will see what I am talking about once you play this game. Overall I gave this music a full star!




Story
Ok so at the start of the game you find out that there are two children left abandoned in the woods. A mayor from a nearby town takes them in and now we zoom ahead sixteen years later. Your typical RPG fashioned startup story. Still so very effective. I learned a lot about the town and the celebration getting ready to happen, but nothing that gives me a sense of the story yet. Yeah, I got curious and did something I typically do not do. I went and looked for what the story was.
"The game stars Aldo, the game's protagonist, and his sister, Feene. A demon king seeks to use Feene's dormant abilities to erase humans from the world. During a desperate moment while failing to rescue his sister, a distortion in space-time occurs in the air, and Aldo escapes 800 years into the future." - Another Eden Wiki
 So this story gives me an old school feel of Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross. I am looking forward to playing this game all the way through and have already started an article for a full playthrough review. Overall I am looking forward to this storyline so I gave it a full star!






Replay Value
Now I have not seen any signs of multi-player, events or anything that could potentially make me want to play this game after I beat it. I will be doing a full review for this game so I guess it is just a matter of time before I do figure that part of it out. For now, I need to give it an empty star.






I really got locked into this game today. There was a really good feeling I had with this game. I just could not pull myself away from it today. All my other daily games got tossed to the side. This game turned out to be a huge distraction for me along with some other random things going on. Well, I do hope you all enjoyed this review and I hope you have a time splitting day!
Official Another Eden Site
Another Eden Official Google Play Site

No comments:

Post a Comment