Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Last Shelter : Survival Mobile Game Review!


Rated Teen
Violence
Blood
Digital Purchases

Mr.Beard's Review
Last Shelter: Survival
Mobile Game App


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

I am a serious glutton for punishment every time I try one of these games. This is a base building style game that needs you to basically play all day every day just to keep up and be competitive. I have played and mastered so many of these games. Well maybe not mastered, but I have enough know how to build faster than most players just starting out. I can typically accomplish in one day what most spend a week doing. When I first saw the name of the game my head immediately went to a survival style game. I was hoping for something like Grim Soul Survival, or Stormfall Saga of Survival. Nope, instead, I got myself sucked into another black hole of a base building game! Now I never said I did not like base building games. They just demand a lot of time that I can not give to keep up with them. I have chosen this game randomly because it is a Blast App Mission. So on with the review and the countless hours that will be lost today.


Game Play
Ok, so right from the start this is your typical run of the mill base building game. If you are not familiar with the game style, it is just that. You build a base, fight for resources, defend your base, and pray you are not attacked while you sleep. If I personally had more time or a secondary phone to play these games I definitely would play them more often. I for one know just how competitive and addictive they can be. These style games can be brutal. Ok, so the basic mechanics of the game. You build your base and fill it with training camps, defenses, and resource producing buildings. You can not build fast if you do not have a steady supply of resources. My personal approach with these games is vicious at best. I only ever build what I need for missions for resources and prey on everyone else and take theirs. If there is a player who does not play regularly I basically turn them into my personal supply stash attacking them hourly or daily depending upon how much they can produce on their own base. I never keep more resources then my own base can handle and very rarely leave my defenses open enough for someone to feed off me for battle points. Yes, I am evil, very very evil when it comes to these style of games. For this, I gave it a full star!


Graphics
The graphics are of your typical high-quality single frame graphics. Very small suttle animations. They go more towards a realistic feel in character design and background design. The buildings, battle animations, and story scenes are all simple in structure but still in a high-quality realistic approach. Me personally I prefer more anime, cartoon and old school 16-bit graphics. They do however fit the game very well and are nicely done. For that, I gave it a full star!



Music
The music fits this style of gameplay very well. It has a slow dramatic, and tragic feel during the easy times of building, and a heavy rock feel during the battles. These are simple lopped scores, but they fit into the style, and theme of the game quite well. For that, I gave it a full star!





Story
End of the world zombie apocalypse. Yup, that is the story in a nutshell. It is simple, basic and for the most part just the same as any other zombie apocalypse story. Sadly I do wish there was more involved in it, but the whole end of the world zombie theme for me is just way overdone. The characters in the storyline seem pretty limited as well. Overall because it just feels like any other zombie story I had to give it half a star.



Replay Value
This is a pay to win style base building game. Unless you are thoroughly knowledgable about this specific gameplay style, then you could be out of luck getting by without having to dump money into it. As you progress in level and get high-level building it will take longer to upgrade your buildings. Some upgrades could even take days unless you save the necessary items to speed it up. Or again your other option is to pay for the upgrade. If you are one of those competitive players like me with these games, then you will be always coming back to defend your base, farm resources and crawl your way to the top of the heap. For this, I gave it a full star.



 This game was a random game I picked from the Blast app. I do enjoy these style of games, I just do not have the time to play nor invest in them. If you would all like more of my personal tips on getting through this game and leveling up faster then most, then please feel free to ask any questions you would like in the comments below and I will answer them as I see them. I can also jump back into and do a tips and tricks post for this game as well if you all think you would enjoy that. I thank you all for reading and hope you have a fun filled zombie killing, and brutal day!




8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. thesurvivallife

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for posting aboutlast shelter mobile game

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. mygemfree

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete