Friday, February 1, 2019

Wakfu PC Game Review

Rated ???
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Wakfu
PC Game App


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Ok, So I think I jumped into these next couple of games wrong. I had a request to check out Dofus and Wakfu. I did not realize at the time that they were part of a series. Or at least that is what I think they are after doing some research on them. I had no idea there was so much involved around Wakfu. They have an animated series and everything. I very well may try to find a way to review everything there is with Wakfu. I had no idea this was such a big series. This may turn out to be a series I really look into. Who knows maybe this will be my next Final Fantasy Series. Nah, who am I kidding, I will never like anything better than a Final Fantasy Game. Anyway, enough of this, let's get to the review!

Game Play
The gameplay is fairly simple to understand and easy to play. It is just a simple point and click style PC game. I do enjoy these easier RPGs because I am not a great keyboard cowboy when it comes to moving around. The game style is your typical RPG, you defeat bad guys, level up, equip weapons and armor and develop your character. Now one thing I did notice while I was learning how to play in what I am guessing is the tutorial world, it is not very guiding. I did find myself lost and confused quite a few times. Maybe it was just the speed that the narrator chats, or maybe just the lack of understanding of the game. Now, this is considered an MMORPG, I did see a small handful of people running around when I got past the tutorial. With just the feeling of being so unsure of where to go or how to get there, it left me kind of struggling to keep going. I never give up on a game so I know I will be playing it more just to try and get a better feel for it. Who knows, maybe I just missed something. Overall for a lack of keeping my interest I gave this half a star.



Graphics
Well, the graphics were fun! They have kind of an anime and comic style feel to them. Very cartoony and colorful. There were issues I found where I would wander around and find myself hidden by background textures that just seemed out of place. That could have been my PC, but I highly doubt that. The cutscene animations were something you would find in a typical anime cartoon, very well done and with good quality. From what I understand there is an anime series for this game, and I know for one I am definitely going to be looking for it tomorrow. I enjoyed the character designs a lot, they were all very different and unique. Overall I gave graphics a full star!





Music
The music is your typical instrumental mood setting element. In all honesty, it did nothing for me in this game. I found myself struggling just to keep an interest in the game as it was and the music did not make it any better. The music itself was good but just felt out of place. Maybe it was just me? I am not too sure. It just did not have a dynamic feel to it at all for me. The music goes from being whimsical feeling too dark and gloomy then back again. I am not sure what it is, but it just did not feel right for me at all. I gave the music half a star.



Story
Wow, the beginning of this game left me scratching my head so very much. Maybe it was the lack of direction, or I just have not gotten far enough yet. After the first twenty minutes, or so is when I went to look this game up. That is how I found out about the series itself. So far in the game, I found out that my character died in a great battle and I was reincarnated. Yup I can not say I have not been down this road before. The feeling of the beginning of the game and trying to understand what was going on almost made me feel like that game was rushed? Here is what I found about the story.
"In the time of Dofus, an ogre named Ogrest managed to get all six Dofus eggs for the sake of someone he loved. However, she was interested only in the eggs, and Ogrest killed her in a fit of rage. Later realizing what he'd done, he climbed atop Mount Zinit and cried for 1,000 years. This brings us to the time of WAKFU. Now the "goal" is to defeat Ogrest, but, like in Dofus, this is not necessary.
The timeline has moved thusfar that the Ogrest is no longer the main villain of the story. It appears that it was not the Ogrest who caused this world to flood, but the Eliotrope OROPO. In the battle between Ogrest versus Yugo, Yugo gained control over the six Eliatrope Dofus and created alternate versions of himself, and then sent them back into the past. This also explains the appearance of the Eliotrope class in the game." - Wakfu Wiki
Now do not get me wrong. I am interested in seeing more of this game. I just may have to push myself through it. After finding out a bit about the story and history of the series I gave it a full star.




Replay Value
Now, this is an MMORPG, so it is online and should have loads of events and extras besides just completing the story. Some other things I did find out were the game has an ecosystem that can disappear. You can rebuild the world, and the places you visit. I am not exactly sure how any of that works just yet. This game will be on my list of full reviews as I work through it and play it through to the end. So for now with what I do know about the game I gave it a full star.













Well, overall I did struggle to try to get through the tutorial. I just did not give me enough direction or explain thing all that well. I will not be giving up on this game though. I do enjoy how the game works, and the interface, the graphics are well done, and the story does seem like something I will enjoy. I thought about running this game as a weekly update to show my progress and maybe give advice and tips for quests and dungeons, but I am not 100% sure on that just yet. If that is something you would all like, then please just let me know in the comments below! I do hope you enjoyed this review and have an epic day!
Wakfu Official Site

No comments:

Post a Comment