Friday, January 25, 2019

Combat Arms Reloaded PC Game Review


Rated Teen
Mild Violence
Blood
Digital Purchase

Mr.Beard's Review
Combat Arms Reloaded
PC Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

I am at a loss for words with this game. How can something with such great potential be so bad? So broken? Just so unhealthy? I have been trying to find any reasons at all to give this game a good review. I even played it more than my initial hour and looked up other reviews about this game. My initial review was correct. It is just that bad and apparently fell far from what it used to be. Well, I guess I will get this underway and get the review done.

Game Play
Such great features, weapons, gear and an amazing way to obtain it. Yet it is by far absolutely pointless. I just do not get why they do not carry through with balance. Now maybe I am just missing something here, I know my skills in FPS (first person shooters) is bad at best. Even reading through other peoples reviews, my first assumption is right. The weapons and gear are truly unbalanced. When I search through the weapons I saw damage counters at around 80. I was getting smacked from across the map with 120. Something just did not add up. Yeah, I know campers and snipers are everywhere, but they were several matches where I was snipe with a handgun from across the map as well. Maybe this is what destroyed this poor game? The gameplay is amazing, the way they have it set up is great and well worth the play if you are going against bots. So for that, I will give it a full star.


Graphics
Well even with the games high setting it still ran very smooth on my PC. The graphics are smooth, the renders are pretty realistic. I did not see any glitched textures or gaps between layers. I was thoroughly impressed with all the graphics. The guns were amazing along with the skin overlays, and the details. I did have one some complaint though. On one of my matches, there was a room with a narrow edge that squeezes around the top of the stairwell that the opposite team was able to get onto. To me, I think that should have been fixed. Who am I to complain though, it was not like they needed the extra advantage. Overall I gave the graphics a full star. I did like them and thought they were very well done.




Music
Ok, I am sorry but I just could not handle this music. It made me constantly think of Terminator. Yet it was a confused Terminator soundtrack. It was a sadden version with a very angry feel. Almost like a child throwing a temper tantrum. This is a very orchestra instrumental style of music. During gameplay, I had to turn the music off. The music left me feeling frustrated and annoyed. After I got the music off I did do a little better. Not by much, but I was not distracted by it then. Overall I gave the music and empty star.



Story
Yet again I managed to find another game with no story. I thought for sure there would be something with this one. Sadly there was nothing. No background on characters, teams, where they are from. Nothing... This is just one of the generic jump in run and gun quick paced FPS games. Sadly I had to give this an empty star.




Replay Value
Honestly, for me there is none. This whole game is very geared to people who are willing to dump a pocket full of money. Please do not get me wrong, the game in itself is great, and I am not using my lack of skills sway my judgment for this game. I tried all day to find that gem in it. The more I dug, the worse it got. They do have events, ladders, and contests to keep the players coming back who can stand their own in there. For me, though I just left the game feeling like a disappointment. I absolutely hate calling anyone a cheater, but there were so many times that something just felt so broken. I gave replay value an empty star. The only way to make it in there is if you have an ungodly amount of luck and skill, or a pocket full of money. Sadly I had none.


This is overall a good game still. If you can handle the unbalanced issues, or just enjoy matches with your friends then yes this game still holds a candle in the dark. I have over forty-five minutes of review footage of my just getting hammered over and over again. I do not mind at all being killed thirty-eight times in one match within seconds of spawning. Or running up to grenades that I see coming. I did have a lot of fun playing it. Sadly It just will not be a game I can handle too much. I will keep the game installed on my PC because I have made some friends in there that I will gladly play with again. If you do play and enjoy this game, then, by all means, please let me know what I am missing. Well besides my skills. They are the equivalent of an eel slapping the keyboard. I do hope you enjoyed this review, and I hope you all have an amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment