Saturday, January 5, 2019

Soda Dungeon Game Review!


Rated Everyone 10+
Fantasy Violence
Alcohol Reference

Mr.Beard's Review
Soda Dungeon
Mobile & PC Game


Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Graphics
Oh, how I enjoy old school feeling graphics! These kinds of games remind me of old Nintendo, Sega, and arcade style games. They do have a good refined feel. A good mix of old school gaming with a modern style of art. All characters and monsters are set to a classic 2 frame animation, yet special effects seem to be more modern. The backgrounds, foregrounds, and Bosses have a very clean graphics style that still gives the feel of an old school pixelated game. For me, as a retro everything lover, I can easily sit spending a day playing this game. I myself am working a designing and building a game, and I too use an old school method for the animations and graphics. So I'm just naturally drawn to these sort of games. So with that, I gave this game a full star for graphics!




Music
In all honesty, I think there are only 3 songs in this game. The songs are however very addictive and enjoyable to listen too. They are fairly old school, and up to date. The songs seem to be repetitive and on a loop which makes them feel even more classic. Each song fits the area they plan in very well. The boss music, background music, and the battle music. These songs were very well thought out and fairly easy to listen to as you play. For that reason, I gave it a full star.




Story
The storyline seems fairly straight forward. A dungeon appears, and you hire adventurers and upgrade your tavern to defeat the many levels of the dungeon. Now I have just downloaded this game today, so there may very well be more to the story that I just have not seen yet. Only time will tell. I do love the simplistic style of the story though, it fits the whole feel of the game. Build a team and destroy the bad guys! So for that, I give this game a full star!

Replay Value
Ok, this part is a bit tricky for me because I have recently just started playing this game, so with that being said, I am not 100% sure on replay value. I will not let that affect my judgment on this game though because with the little research I have done on the game, there does seem to be a way to restart fresh and new with updates you earn. If it works like I am thinking, then this game could last for months with loads of fun. If that is the case then I do believe this game deserves a full star!

Game Play
Ok, so I moved this one to the end because I have just recently started playing this and with all reviews I do, I write them on my initial opinion of the game within the first hour of playing. So far I have realized there is a massive amount of things to this game. You can upgrade your tavern, hunt for weapons and armor, compete in PVP matches, and so much more. I never look up anything for the games I play unless I am absolutely stuck and need help, or just lack the knowledge to write a half decent review. I did, however, discover through a bit of research about soda bottle upgrade that improves your adventurers. There are also portals to bosses that are a combination of bosses you defeat as you play. Then their VIP upgrades that allow you to play ad-free. So far for the couple of hours I played, I have realized just how much is in this game, and for that, I give this game a full star!




This for me is easily a great game I know I will be playing a lot. I know there a lot of great resources out there, but this is one of those games I do believe I will do an extensive review and tips & tricks guide for. I do hope this review gave you a bit of insight, and hope you have a great day!

Here is the site I used to find some of my information!

No comments:

Post a Comment