Saturday, March 9, 2019

WarCraft 2 Tides of Darkness PC Game Review!

Rated Everyone
Animated Violence

Mr. Beard's Review
WarCraft 2 Tides of Darkness
PC Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

This was definitely a plus to try! I really need to stop trying these games. Soo I will not have any time to play anything. I do want to complete the first one and now this one. I think I need to hire a writer and a social media secretary. These games and my medication has put me a little behind. I am working to get everything caught up though. Also, I do have my Adventures with Mr. Beard in the Lands of Eorzea working. I did not like my formats with a blog so I may make them a webpage and do it like a visual novel instead. So shall we get into this review?



Game Play
Ok, so as the first one this is a Real Time Strategy game. The basic idea of an RTS game is you collect materials and use them to build your base to defend against other players or enemies. You need to have a strategy and a good balance between offensive and defensive tactics. For me personally, I always go the heavy defensive route first. There are a few differences that I have noticed between this WarCraft and the first WarCraft. You do not have to build roads now to build your structures near. You can build extra town halls. The gameplay does seem slower, and the archers seem weaker as well. Your builders can now also attack, plus all your units have a patrol feature. So far that is all the differences I have noticed. This still was a very fun and addictive RTS game and for that, I gave it a full star.





Graphics
The graphics have a definite improvement from the first game. I still get this feeling like I am playing on an N64 though. These are bright colors and smooth pixel style graphics. They did seem to redesign the units and buildings in this second game. The backgrounds even seemed to get an upgrade. I have always loved the old school graphics and feel of the older games, so for this, I gave it a full star.




Music
The music does seem to be improved, although the narrations are really bad. When you click on a builder, or when a builder speaks, it is just a weird accent. Almost faked. The music is that old school super Nintendo style retro game music. Very fast paced, medieval feeling. It does help with the feel of the game. It gives you the sense of always riding into battle. Overall I gave this half a star because the units voice overs are just really bad.



Story
It gives you a little part of the story as you progress through single player. It is still the same story, just the next chapter in this story of the Orcs vs the Humans. I do like how they progress the story from game to game. There is a bigger part of this story and I did manage to find it here.

The Second WarThe First War brought the Fall of Azeroth, following the Orc campaign in Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. The survivors of Azeroth have fled by sea to the Human kingdom of Lordaeron, and the Orcs have decided to conquer Lordaeron, in what is known as the Second War. Both sides have acquired allies and new capabilities, including naval and air units, and more powerful spellcasters.
In the Second War, the Orcs are successful at first, but the Humans and their allies take the initiative, partly thanks to an Orc rebellion initiated by the warlock Gul'dan, who seeks and raises the sunken Tomb of Sargeras. Eventually, the Alliance forces push the Horde to Blackrock Spire, but Anduin Lothar, commander of the Alliance, is slain there.  At the final battle around the Dark Portal in Azeroth, the Alliance exterminates one Orc clan and captures the Orc supreme commander and the remnants of his forces. Hoping to avoid further invasions, the Alliance destroys the Portal.
Through the PortalAfter the Second War the Alliance lost the allegiance of the Elves, who thought the Alliance had not done enough to defend the Elves' home, and of two Human kingdoms, which advocated exterminating the remaining Orcs rather than keeping them in captivity. One Orc clan that had fought in the Second War's final battle was unaccounted for. Although the Dark Portal had been destroyed, a tear, in reality, hovered over the ruin. A few years later, the Portal and rift were hidden by strange darkness, and there were the sounds of hundreds of warriors rushing away through the rift, followed by shrieking Dragons, and finally by the repeating phrase, "We will return..." When the darkness lifted, Alliance scouts found the ground around the Portal trampled to mud – apparently, the elusive Orc clan had escaped to their race's homeworld, Draenor.
The greatest Orc shaman led an army from Draenor into Azeroth, apparently hoping to steal magical artifacts with which to create further Portals. The Alliance, expecting an attack, sent through the Portal an army led by the Alliance's supreme commander, its greatest heroes and the mage who had destroyed the Azeroth Portal. It seems they destroyed the counterpart of the Azeroth Portal, but it was not known whether the force escaped from Draenor. - WarCraft 2 Wiki
After reading through that it makes me feel as though I may have missed some games somewhere? I do enjoy the little pieces of the story I get as I progress through the game. This is a story all in its own and nothing else comes close to being simpler to it. For that, I gave it a full star.


Replay Value
Again the same problem but worse than the first one. I do not see any replay value at all in this game after you beat the two campaigns. At least the first one had a way to make custom matches. This one does not even seem to have that. I would say it had some replay value if the multiplayer function worked. Sadly though for me, it did not work. It is more set up for an in-home network. Overall I had to give this an empty star.





I will be playing through this completely and enjoying every bit of it. This is really a fun RTS game and has a nice way to bring you into the history and the story of WarCraft. I am glad a friend of mine sent me these two games and do look forward to playing them both out. I hope these reviews helped you out and I hope you all have a masterful day!
WarCraft Official Page

If you enjoy what I do here on this blog then please help by sharing, commenting and if you would like, check out the store with my merch! All sales go to improving my blog and finding better games to play and review!

No comments:

Post a Comment