Saturday, January 12, 2019

Ragnarok M: Eternal Love (ROM)


Rated Teen
Violence
Blood
Digital Purchases

Mr.Beard's Review
Ragnarok M: Eternal Love(ROM)
Mobile Game App


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Wow, when I saw this pop up on Blast this morning I got so very excited! I used to play this way back in the early 2000s when it first came out. Only a year or so ago I tried to get back into it, but the game had seriously been broken over the years. They had private servers, hackers, people selling gold and items for real money. This game had become a serious mess! This game consumed much of my life, along with playing Phantasy Star Online. Now I was really nervous about getting back into Ragnarok simply because of the issues it has grown to have. I heard bad rumors about Nexus becoming greedy with power over the people, and how the whole article 13 thing destroyed the original game. I did do a little research before I even downloaded this game. I was so very curious to see if it was just a relaunch or an entirely new game. Will this be a great new addition? I am hoping so! So let's jump into this and get the review underway!

Game Play
The gameplay is just like the original game. It is RPG based, and you basically run around killing monsters, finish quests and level up. I did see several different character classes when you originally create your character. I did not, however, take my time checking them out. I did select the blacksmith class to get my game started. This game is loaded with quests, adventures, deliveries and more. The does have the same look and feel as the original game. There are tons of items, equipment, and weapons to run around and collect. I was always more addicted to collecting everything and crafting at the highest quality. As far as I noticed I have not noticed anything new to the game just yet, but I have only played the game for an hour. So maybe I will discover new additions later in the game. This is a very popular MMORPG (Massive Multiplay Online Role Playing Game), so there are loads of other people trying to kill all the same stuff as you. Because they kept the classic mechanics, and feel of the game I gave it a full star!



Graphics
The graphics do seem to be a slightly upgraded version of the original. I do enjoy this old school style graphics. It has the feel of an older 80s RPG with a slightly improved and upgrade feel. These style graphics do take me back to my early young days as a gamer. Back when games were a challenge. There is also a nice anime feel to the character designs as well. The combination of the two styles makes this a huge plus for me. For that, I gave this game a full star!




Music
The music is still the original score. It has a classical instrumental music style that is very calming and relaxing. There are many songs to this game as well. I am glad they left so much of the original game in this newer updated version. The battle music is slightly upbeat and instrumental as well. The songs are easy to listen to and on a slight loop. Because they kept a lot of the original music I gave it a full star!







Story
Ok so for the story I did not recall any of it. There was not much touched on in the first part of this game either. The first hour was mainly teaching you how to play. I have cheated just a bit and searched a wiki for the story plot to the game just to give you a feel of what it is about. Now a lot of side quests, adventures, and just searching for certain items have a few of their own stories as well.

"The country had become a shell of its former self, having been scarred by continuous war since ancient times. The Heart of Ymir, which is said to be the source of mysterious power and Baphomet, possessing the power of evil; what actually happened during the history of this mysterious country?
According to legend, a war broke out among the gods. Powerful forces led to the defeat of the giant Ymir, ancestor of the gods. After his death, his heart was shattered and spread all throughout the world, pieces of what became known as the Heart of Ymir.
After the war, the old world tree burned and many mythical creatures fell along with it. The world nearly perished. Fortunately, a new world tree was reborn along with new life. However, the war did not burn away the evil.
A few years passed and the demon Baphomet issued a challenge to the god Odin, who fought hard to create a world that was once destroyed. Eventually, Odin defeated him by sacrificing himself to protect the peace in the world. During this time, a new city called Prontera was born.
Peace and tranquility were brought to the city, but it did not last long. Normankind's continuous development and the over-reliance on the Heart of Ymir attracted a new threat to the world. The devil Morocc invaded the world in search of the Heart of Ymir and destroyed several small countries. Not even the Odin-established city of Prontera was spared.
Morocc met his fate at the hands of Thanatos, who sealed him away in the world with the aid of seven stones. This ushered an era of peace for norman-kind, but it was to be brief. Exactly when will the seal reopen? All this is unknown. Meanwhile, a group of warriors carrying their dreams and glory is about to reunite in the world of Ragnarok Online to begin a new adventure!"- Ragnarok M Wiki Page
With the heavy already well thought out stories in this game, I will be playing this a lot to enjoy the stories. It feels as if they did keep a lot of the original history to the game and the stories, but I honestly could not remember the original. For this, I gave it a full star!




Replay Value
There is so much involved in the Ragnarok series. Even back with the original it always kept me coming back for more. With the variety of quests, playable characters and the stories to play through, there is no way this game can not have high replay value. With new updates and events always being added to the game as well there should always be something new to jump in and enjoy. For that, I gave it a full star!




I really enjoyed jumping back into this game series. This game will more than likely take the front seat to the regular daily games I play on my mobile phone I use just for gaming. Just the overall memories and the friends I made playing this game originally is what appealed to me the most. Will I ever meet them again on my adventures? I guess we will never know. I am looking forward to the new friends I make and the new people I hope to bring to the game as well. If you are out in Ragnarok adventuring around, by all means, Add me to your friends and let's go adventuring!
Ragnarok M Wiki
Ragnarok M Official Site

No comments:

Post a Comment