Monday, January 14, 2019

Team Fortress 2 PC Game Review!


Rated Mature 17+
Blood
Gore
Intense Violence

Mr.Beard's Review
Team Fortress 2
PC & Console Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Well, this certainly was a fun game! I am not typically someone who plays FPS games on PC, well honestly because by the time my PC realizes I shot someone, two hundred people already shot me. There was a lot to this game, and sadly with only one hour to do a quick test was not enough. Although it did leave me wanting to come back and play it more! This game was suggested and found on steam for free! So that is an even bigger bonus! Plus it does not take a lot to run. My PC was semi-fine playing it. I did however turn everything down to play it just to be on the safe side. Ok so on with the review!

Game Play
Ok, so I did not just jump into this game like I typically do. I did look around in the game to see what it has to offer and broke and broke this section down a bit. First, this game does have several different modes to play from both offline and online. With my PC performance, I did not try to do any of the online modes. Some of the modes are Casual, Competitive, Mann Vs Machine, Community Servers, Training, and Create Your Own Server. Well, that is all that I was able to find though, there may be more.

They also had a few game types as well. They included Control Points, King of the Hill, and Payload. The only one out of those besides training that I played was King of the Hill. They should have called it I am your new target in my case. Although I still did have fun. We will just chalk up my deaths as inexperienced. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.


There are also many playable character classes as well. I only had a short time to try a few of them. I did notice outside of training and in a regular game, there were way more. Some of the classes included  Soldier, Demom, Spy, and Engineer. In training, I only used the regular soldier. Now during gameplay, I did try Engineer, Scout and Heavy Gunner I believe it was. I did enjoy the different styles of combat in each of those, and when I do get into FPS game I normally always go as a sniper/scout.


Now they also had some other things outside of gameplay to do to customize your class and enhance the game, but I only briefly looked at them and did not really get a chance to really get into them. They do have loadouts which I assume are ways you get to beef up your classes. They also have a stats section that shows just how bad I was in this game. I did see a Mann Co. Catalog which I am assuming is a list of everything you can buy to improve your classes. Then there was a trading, and war paints section as well. I could not even begin to think what those are used for yet.
So overall with the amount of stuff there is to do with this game I gave it a full star!




Graphics
The graphics were pretty smooth and had a very cartoony, cell-shaded feel to it. It felt like an old style Fortnite game. Almost like the earlier brother. I did enjoy the graphics too, there was even a part where I had to laugh because when I got blown up I see my body parts labeled laying all over the ground. Now, this is not like a heavy gore type of blood and guts, just a typical fun red splatter and odd pieces. Mostly it is just the bodies that you find. Overall I gave the graphics a full star!



Music
Well, in all honesty, I had a big worry that my PC would not run the game right, so when I reduced the graphics I also turned off the music and background sounds. The only thing I left on was the sound FX. I will not let that be a reason to not give this game a good grade. So because of my technical difficulties I gave it a full star. If you have played this game, please feel free to let me know your opinion of the music!



Story
Well, to be honest, I did search around for a back story or something for this game both on Steam and their official site. Sadly I found nothing. I might have missed the story in the mountains of info out there on this game, but I do doubt it. I did not even see anything involving any type of storyline in the game either. For that, I gave it half star. After all, I could just be missing it?




Replay Value
Well like any other FPS style game in this field, competitively it will always have some type of replay value. Whether you want to collect everything, finish all the events, or even just be the best. This game seems to always have something to offer to keep you coming back for more. I know I have not died enough yet, and do want to check out the rest of the modes and gameplay features in the game. So for all of the content and multiple things to do I gave this game a full star!



I will be jumping back into this game after I get my daily stuff done, and I may even be playing it fairly often when I have some free time. If you do play this game please feel free to give me a heads up and maybe you can teach me how not to die so much! I hope you enjoyed the review and have a bullet-dodging good day!

Official Site
Wikki Page
Steam Page! It's FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment