Monday, January 21, 2019

Fallout: Shelter PC Game Review!


Rated Teen
Alcohol Reference
Mild Violence
Suggestive Themes
Digital Purchase

Mr.Beard's Review
Fallout: Shelter
Mobile Game & PC


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Wow, so there seems to be a fairly big difference between the mobile and the PC version. Unless it just had a huge makeover since I last played it. Now I have not played the mobile version in months, maybe even close to a year. So it seems a lot has changed. Or maybe the PC version is just that different. The version I played today was the PC version. So let us get this review underway!

Game Play
The gameplay is a survival sim style game. The world had a nuclear fallout and you need to save your people by becoming the Overseer and build a new life in a mountain. You have a choice of dozens of different rooms to pick from and upgrade to grow your resources, repopulate, and even go on missions. The quests and missions are different then what I remembered from the mobile version. Maybe they were added later? You can also craft new weapons, suits and many different types of gear to increase your odds in the wastelands along with improving your people's stats. They also have rooms you can build to train your people as well. Overall there was a lot more on the PC version than the mobile version from what I remembered. For that, I gave it a full star!






Graphics
The graphics to me were very neat, clean and a skillful cartoon style with a bit of old 50s style feel. They made a good mix of a cartoon and high res background style. The nicely done animations mixed well into the gameplay. It looked fluid with no minor glitches or missed texture that I noticed. The bright vibrant colors, simple shading, and an overall comfortable feel. For this, I gave it a full star.




Music
The music is very old style 50s music I think? It is very classical and something would expect from back in the days of the nuclear war. It gives you that throwback feeling of the times of old. Almost like the game never grew out of the 50s. There is not too much variation except for when you Rush a room or do something rewarding. Just a simple two or three song soundtrack. Overall it is very easy to listen and enjoy. I gave it a full star for its classic feel.



Story
The basic concept of the story is that the world became nuclear after a war and was not safe to live in anymore. The people left over had to flee into Vaults built insides caves to survive. It is your classic end of the war, we all screwed up now we need to rebuild story. It does have a few new and different twists to it though. They took a classic story and basically made it their own. Way to go guys! For that, I gave it a full star!



Replay Value
Wow, there is some good replay value here. I should know. I destroyed many vaults throughout the day. I honestly think that was why I gave up on the mobile version. I just had no understanding of how to maintain the vault and keep them all happy. With the added quests and new items always being added I know now on PC I will keep going back to see if my vault is dead yet. For this, I gave it a full star!





I played two main vaults today. One main vault that I played after I understood what not to do, and one as my guinea pig vault. I also had the added benefit of someone gifting me some money to add to the game. The same person who suggested today's review. So yes when people ask me to review a game and I have a way of getting it, then I will review it. I would not have made it as high and as fast as I did without that donation to the game. It just goes to show that this game does have a big pay to play value as well. In all honesty, I never pay to play games. I will buy a game, but I never keep dumping money into them. I did see a huge advantage though. I spent a huge chunk of the day making the review gameplay footage as well. I can not record audio from my footages yet so I also had to make my own background music and edit it into my videos. So yeah a big part of the day went into a 13-minute video for today's post. Well, I hope you all enjoyed today's review and if you have or are still playing this game and have any tips, please feel free to comment below. I hope you all lead a happy and non-sheltered day!
Official Site
Official Steam Site
Official Google Play Site


No comments:

Post a Comment