Monday, January 7, 2019

Star Ocean: Anamnesis Game Review!


Rated Teen
Fantasy Violence
Suggestive Themes

Mr.Beard's Review
Star Ocean: Anamnesis
Mobile Game App





The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Ok, I was a huge fan of the Star Ocean series back on Playstation. I love the storyline, the character development, and the overall RPG style gameplay. This is a mobile app however and makes me a bit nervous that the series has lost the whole feel of the original series. Normally I only play the first hour into the game and give my initial opinion and review on the game. Sadly this seems to be a very text heavy start, so it took a little longer to get into actual gameplay. They do throw a lot of information at you fairly quickly right from the start. I will push on and get into the game and still give the best review I can with this game!


Game Play
The gameplay seems to be your basic summon allies and search planets and star systems based game so far. There is a ton of missions, story missions, and events all throughout this game. It does seem to have a wide selection of characters that you can summon with rarities ranging from one star to 5 stars. For me the more characters there are the better. I do love game with a lot of content, and this does seem to exceed what I was expecting. Although it is far from your typical console RPG. They do have holiday event summons which is limited in the time window you can get them. I do recognize a lot of the summon characters from previous Star Ocean games, which for me is a huge added bonus! You can also summon weapons and equipment for the allies you summon. I have not gotten far into the game before I finally played enough of it to give my initial opinion. I did try a bit of everything though, and I do believe it will take a few hours to get a good feel for the gameplay itself. To play missions they do use a stamina based style of play. Basically, you start off with having so much stamina and each mission costs stamina to start. So once you run out of stamina you either need to pay to play or simply wait for it to refill. The combat system is fairly basic and simple to understand. Swipe to move your character, tap to attack or select a skill or Rush to finish off your enemies. With everything that is involved in this game to this point, I gave it a full star!




Graphics
For me when it comes to game graphics I enjoy anything old school, anime, or well-done animation style graphics. Anything that tends to look too realistic just kind of pushes me away. This game has a great mix of a classic anime style art with some mixed in 3D style combat animation. During battles, it is an open area. The 3D characters fit nicely into combat animations and give the game a bit of a console feel. They used a great mix and combination of the two make this game for me very enjoyable so far. For that, I give it a full star!






Music
There is a large variety of music in this game. There are some simple one or two-word narrations in it as well. Nothing full story though. The music is a great blend of classic instrumental with universal, or space voyage feel to it. The songs are not overly repetitive, or simple loops. There is a fairly decent score involved in this game. As far as I know, there doesn't seem to be any vocalized songs. This is your basic console based background music. I do however enjoy the music quite a bit. It is relaxing, calming and easy to listen to, so for that, I gave it a full star!



Story
Well, I have not got far into the story of this game just yet, but what I have gathered so far is. Your ship is being attacked by pirates and you try to jump to warp to get away only to be flung off deep into space where you find a girl who can summon allies to help you in battle. Sadly though she has no memories of who or what she is. As you try to make your way back to earth you need to stop in different galaxies visiting different planets to find parts to repair your ship. So far the story is your average, got lost in space story. I do enjoy the series and know quite a bit of the back story, and I am hoping some of it does come into play with this game. For that, I am giving it a full star!



Replay value
Now there does seem to be a lot involved in this game with loads of events and updates. As far as beating the game and being able to continue playing I am not 100 % sure just yet. With the amount of content and things to do in this game, however, I will more than likely be playing this game through till the end. I will post an updated review afterward. Till then though I will be giving this game a full star! There is just so much to do just getting started and I love it!






I know this is one game I will more than likely be playing when I am not working on the next game for a review. Typically my phone has a game playing at all times. I do believe this will be the game I play from now on while I'm not testing other games. So please look forward to extensive tips and tricks and possibly a walkthrough later on as I get further into the game itself! If you are familiar with the game and would like to give so additional information, by all means, feel free to let me know!
Official Site

No comments:

Post a Comment