Friday, March 8, 2019

Warcraft Ocs & Humans PC Game Review!

Rated Everyone
Animated Violence

Mr. Beard's Review
WarCraft Orcs & Humans
PC Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.



I can honestly say this is the first time I am playing any Warcraft games. I have always been a big fan of Real Time Strategy games, but I simply just never heard of this. My go to games were always the Command and Conquer series. This was a very fun series to jump into and I will be adding reviews as I buy the next set of WarCraft games. So let's get this review started!


Game Play
The gameplay is a very basic build your base and beat the enemy. It took me a little while to figure out just how all the shortcut keys and everything works. For the longest time, I thought you can only move one unit at a time. Oh, how I was sadly mistaken. So many lives lost because of a simple misunderstanding. You can play a few different modes of gameplay. You can play the Orcs Campaign, the Humans Campaign, or a Custome Campaign. It also has the options for Modem play, Link Play and Direct Network Play. I have only ever used Single Player, so I am not too sure how the others work. The basic way the gameplay goes is you collect resources, build your bases and buildings and upgrade your units as you're allowed. Then it is just basically taking out the enemy or building what is required to complete the mission. Overall this is a very fun Real Time Strategy game and still holds a lot of fun. For that, I gave it a full star!





Graphics
These graphics kind of remind me of N64 graphics. These do remind me a lot of the Comand and Conquer series on the N64 now that I think about it. These are your classic old school pixel style graphics. These style graphics always appealed to me most just simply because they are what I grew up with. You really can not go wrong with these. Yeah, kids nowadays who are not used to them just do not understand them, but graphically they do not have a lot of glitches and issues like a lot of games today. For that, I gave it a full star!



Music
Yeah, this area will be short. I did not in any way like this music at all. Even the narration seemed to be forced. The music seemed like a noise you would hear going down the highway. The narration seemed like it was read from a script with no real enthusiasm it giving it feeling. I almost felt as if though it would have just been better texted based with no narration. Even though the music and narration were bad it did not hurt this game all that much. I had to give this an empty star though.



Story
The Orcs are devastating the lands and the humans are mounting an attack to restore peace to their lands. This is the same story across all warcraft games. Instead of me trying to explain all of it in detail I did find a good place that has written it out.
"The Orcs originated from another world, Draenor, where the orcs, once a peaceful race, became bloodthirsty from the blood of a pit lord. However, their Warlocks remained aloof, devoting their time to the research of magic. The Warlocks noticed a rift between the dimensions and, after many years, opened a small portal to another world. One Warlock explored and found a region, called Azeroth by its Human inhabitants, from which the Warlock returned with strange plants as evidence of his discovery. The Orcs enlarged the portal until they could transport seven warriors, who massacred a Human village. The raiding party brought back samples of good food and fine workmanship, and a report that the Humans were defenseless. The Orcs' raiding parties grew larger and bolder until they assaulted Azeroth's principal castle. However, the Humans had been training warriors of their own, especially the mounted, heavily armed Knights. These, assisted by Human Sorcerers, gradually forced the Orcs to retreat through the portal, which the Humans had not discovered. For the next fifteen years, one faction of Orcs demanded that the portal be closed. However, chief of exceptional cunning realized that the Humans, although out-numbered, had prevailed through the use of superior tactics, organization, and by magic. He united the clans, imposed discipline on their army and sought new magic from the Warlocks and Necromancers. Their combined forces were ready to overthrow the Humans." - WarCraft Wiki
This is a long-standing storyline. It has been around for many games and even a movie. This is a very unique and different story all in its own right. Overall now that I have played this one I do look forward to the rest. For that, I gave it a full star.


Replay Value
Now I am not too sure about replay value simply because I do not know if you can still play this online. From a single player perspective, I can see some replay value but ultimately not much. There are both Human and Orc Campaigns and Custom Campaigns. There just is not enough variety in the game to keep me coming back for more though. All together I only gave this half a star.






This did turn out to be a really fun and great game for me. I really did enjoy it and it brought back a lot of old school RTS memories for me. I know I will be finishing this game up just as well as the others I play. I do hope you all enjoyed the review and have an amazing day!
WarCraft Site



If you enjoy what I do here on this blog then please help by sharing, commenting and if you would like, check out the store with my merch! All sales go to improving my blog and finding better games to play and review!

No comments:

Post a Comment