Friday, January 18, 2019

My Singing Monsters Mobile Game Review!


Rated Everyone
Digital Purchases

Mr.Beard's Review
My Singing Monsters
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Now for this game, I do believe I have played this before years ago when it first came out. I really do not remember there being this much in the game though. I also believe I played the game before just as one of those promotional games to get coins for something. Honestly, I just do not remember. This game was picked today because it is a Blast App mission to get to level 9. So it will be today's review!

Game Play
I am not sure how to categorize this game honestly? You raise musical monsters, and when they are placed in the area they make some fairly awesome music! You grow monsters from eggs, raise them by feeding them, then collect more from them to add things to the area or buy more monsters. The game was super easy to just jump right into. You can place decorations to increase your monsters ability to produce coins. They also have a memory matching game, spin the wheel game, and quite a few things more. You can also breed your monsters together to make new monsters to add to your game as well. The only thing that slightly worries me is the rate it takes to gain coins from your monsters. Hopefully over time as you level them up they become faster and more abundant. Overall though I give the gameplay a full star!


Graphics
These are really fun graphics. The monster designs and colors are simple cartoony style designs. The backgrounds, structures and everything else has very detailed and amazing looking styles. The way the two different styles clash against each other is a huge plus that just makes the monsters pop and really stand out. I may have fun later this afternoon drawing the monsters for my wall around my desk. These designs are fairly fun! For that, I gave it a full star!



Music
Well at the moment the music is horrible! Only at the lack of my own abilities though. The opening music is very fun and enjoyable. I have visited other islands that are way ahead of where I am at. I do kind of wonder if you can make your own style of music, or is it just a set song across the board. All the island songs I saw from top-ranking players seemed to be all fairly much the same. Maybe it is just to early to tell yet. Either way, the music is still so fun, upbeat and has a great rhythm to it. While I was sitting here working on today's blog I did find myself randomly humming along with the music. OMG! They are brainwashing us! HA! The music is very addictive and gets stuck in your head too easily. Or maybe that is just me. Overall I gave this game a full star!


Story
I am really not sure if there is a story to this game at all. I mean there has to be right? This game is definitely fun to play and enjoyable to listen to. Did some evil monster come and entrap all the monsters? Did something happen to the islands that scared away the monsters? Maybe I am just missing the story somewhere. I even went as far as looking on a few wikis, Reddit and the main Google Play page and still found nothing. It kind of makes me feel like they really missed out on something big here. If you are a fan of the game and you know something of the story, please feel free to let me know in the comments below so I can update my review. I hate giving games empty stars just because they do not have something or I missed something. For the fact that I did not find any story I had to give it an empty star.


Replay Value
Ok, this section makes me nervous to even think about. They do have really long wait times for collecting coins and basically doing anything in the game. Yes, you can spend diamonds and pay to move the game along faster. My worry is what happens when I collect all the monsters on this island? I know there are loads more islands, but I just do not see myself going to the next island after completing this one. The only thing right now that I see me coming back for is the music, but over time I do not think that will even help. Maybe that is why they have such long wait times? For this reason, I have to give it only half a star. I feel like there just is something I am missing here. Maybe it is just a feeling of hoping there is more to it.



Overall I am enjoying this game, but I just can not see myself playing it that long. It feels like it will turn out to be one of those games I spend a few hours getting started then become one I log into daily just to collect coins and hatch eggs. I really do hope I am missing something here. this is some great music that is well thought out. Most of my hour gameplay was spent sitting here and just collecting coins, hatching an egg, and breeding monsters. Who knows, maybe I will figure something out I missed while I work myself through the first island.
Well, that is my review for this game, I do hope you enjoyed it and decide to give this game a look! I hope you all have a rhythmically peaceful day!
Wiki Page
Official Google Play Page

2 comments:

  1. I think it's funny you just reviewed this game. My son started playing this months ago and he loves it. He has been saying he wants to be a Youtuber when he grows up and just posted his first video on YouTube. You guessed it, it was My Singing Monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! Yeah I use an app Called Blast. I did a review on it back at the beginning of the month. This game came up on it in that app today, so that's how I found it. I do believe I have played it way back when it first came out though.

    ReplyDelete