Tuesday, February 19, 2019

MHST The Adventure Begins Mobile Game Review!

Rated Everyone 10+
Crude Humor
Fantasy Violence
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Monster Hunter Stories: The Adventure Begins
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.


Wow, when I saw this game I almost jumped for joy. There is a lot of series I do enjoy, but there are very few that I spent hours mastering. When Monster Hunter first came to Playstation it quickly became my go-to game with all of my spare time. Now I am not sure why, but this game did make my phone overheat slightly. Maybe because I was trying to do video capture with screenshots? Or maybe because my phone is just that old and I just need a new one. There is just so much I can talk about with this series, but this is an initial review so I will try not to bore you with my over excitement for this game. So let's get it on!


Game Play
So this is just the free intro version to the full game. Man was heartbroken when I found that out. That is ok though because I will find a way to earn the money for the full version! There is still that epic exploring areas feel to this game. It still has harvest points and the town. The twist on this one I have wished for since the very first installment of the Monster Hunter Series. You can raise your own Monster! that very first time I had to take on that quest to carry that freaking egg without breaking it made me wish for a feature like this. Sadly though people who were not around for the original games will think this is a rip off of how to train your dragon. Sadly this has been around way longer then that movie, and if anything that movie took its ideas from this game. Aside from hatching my own Rathalos, I do not know what else this game can do because it is just the free one. For the potential and how everything looks, I have to give this a full star!












Graphics
These graphics seem like an upgraded anime version of the Nintendo Wii system. They are very child oriented which does open it up for the younger kids which makes it that much better. I do enjoy the rich vibrant feel and the overall style of the graphics. The animations, character designs, and even the environments are well put together and just simply great to sit an explore. I just can not help it I have to give this a full star. Even though it is just a trial.





Music
The music is fun, exciting and uplifting. The background ambient music is very attuned to the area and very well adapted to give you a good sense of your environment. This is very easily music that is well enjoyable. Even during the exciting parts the music shifts and helps you progress and feel which way you should be going in the story, or even at a battle. Overall I enjoyed it and Capcom did excellent with this soundtrack! Full star!















Story
I am not 100% sure on the actual story. I did see that now there are Riders that have adapted the ability once they become of age to train and grow their own Monsters. I would have to look more into it to find more of a back story and get a better feel for the story progression. Capcom always did remarkably with a lot of storylines in their games. And this is an entirely different storyline from the typical Monster Hunter game. Typically you're sent to a village to save it from a Legendary or giant monster. That is the simple version of it anyway. Overall I am going to give this a full star because the build-up to the story so far has me eagerly excited.






Replay Value
Ok, I have no idea how the replay will go, but in the original series, I spent years perfecting my skills as a hunter. I played the original game from the first day it was launched until the day they shut down the server. Even after that I still played it offline. I do not know if there are any weapon and armor crafting or it is all centered around raising your monster. So many questions I need to be answered but I just do not want to go look because I enjoy more the discovery of it. If they did shift from crafting to raising multiple different monsters then I could see a huge potential in replay value. I guess I just need to find out for sure. For now, I will be giving this a full star!















I really need to work on a way for some extra side income to get this game! Speaking of which, here is a sad plug! I have a swag store with T-shirts if you would like to help support this blog! Merch and Swag Store! So very shameless I know! That is ok though. I really do hope you all enjoyed my review today, and have yourself a masterfully hunted day!
Monster Hunter Stories Official Google Site

No comments:

Post a Comment