Monday, February 4, 2019

RPG Maker MV PC Review!

Rated Everyone
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
RPG Maker MV
PC Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Now for this, I am not sure if it is a game or software? If you download it through Steam it is considered software. But it plays like a game? Either way, I figured it would fit here with my reviews because I will be using it a lot and making tutorials with it as well. So let's try and do this review!

Game Play
Well the best part about this is, it is whatever you make it. The only limitations you have are your own. This platform allows to build a game from the ground up with everything from graphics to music. This does give you a healthy set of graphics, animations, backgrounds, music and so much more to start with. It also allows you to easily write your own scripts, code, and even add features and additional items to your game build that others create. So twenty different people can work on one game collectively and not have to be in the same place. I did work with one of their earlier programs like this and I am really looking forward to working with this one as well. Overall I do not see how I can not give this a full star!





Graphics
The graphics for the startup sets are an old school RPG feel. Outside of what comes with this, your limitations are only what you can not do. At some point, after I get some tutorials up I will be making my own tilesets, animations, character designs, and more that I will make available for everyone. Overall the graphics, backgrounds, and animations that come with this to me are great. So for that, I give it a full star!




Music
The music that comes with this is a wide variety. They have everything from town music, battle music, field music, and even different styles of music for Inns, Blacksmith shops and so much more. Now making music and adding your own into this platform makes your choices unlimited! I do have a few programs I am learning to use to make my own music for this platform as well. Once I am confident enough with my music I will find a place to upload everything and make it available for everyone to get if they would like it.



Story
The simple story is an infinite universe with infinite planets, with infinite possibilities. Your main quest goal is to save the planet, kingdom, princess, and galaxy from the forces of evil. It sounds like a seriously awesome storyline, right? Ok, how about this then. Make your very own story. Yeah! Exactly! It is possible to make that as well! If you can manage to keep track of everything you can make millions of different intertwined stories all in one game! Yeah, my mind was just blown too! Overall with the way you can make this whatever you want, I gave it a full star!


Replay Value
This platform has infinite possibilities in each playthrough. Did you play through and find a character that you loved, but could not play? Then restart the game, change the game, and play again! Yeah, it is just that easy! Now I am not sure why this could not have replay value. Overall I gave replay value a full star!





I am actually really excited to get this running again. It is a bit slow on this PC, but I can handle that for now. I will be making my own character sets, tilesets, backgrounds, music and so much more. I will be making some available for free, and higher quality sets and exclusive ones for a set low price. Any and all money I make from those will be going to a better PC to produce better quality sets. This is a really nice game, platform, or program to pick up. If you are interested in making games, like old style RPGs, then you should really look into one of these. This feels like you are playing a game while making a game. Well, I do hope you enjoyed my review, and please look forward to new tutorials coming out soon on everything and anything for this platform. I will be making them for everything from building and designing a house all the way to making a world map! I do hope you all have a blessed and creative day!
RPG Maker MV Official Site
RPG Maker MV Official Steam Site

No comments:

Post a Comment