Thursday, February 7, 2019

Ragnarok Online 2 PC Game Review!

Rated ????
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Ragnarok Online 2: Advent of Valkyrie
PC Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Wow, this game truly does bring back a lot of memories for me. This was another one of those games I played a lot when it first came out. Although this is obviously not the same game right from the start. I have looked into starting this game several times before but was always worried that they would have ruined the series. I was in a good old gaming mood and I have seen it pop up in steam so I figured I might as well go for it. I sure am glad I did. This will be the game I am putting at the front end of my Tips & Tricks section. I have already got a big lead and start for my character and his class. Enough of all that, let's get on with the review!

Game Play
The mechanics are fairly simple. There is a mouse-sensitive way to play, with point and click. Or you can use your keyboard. I for one will stick with the mouse point and click. I am just not a great keyboard cowboy. This seems to be a 3D upgrade of the original Ragnarok Online game. So far I have discovered a new race which is the Noel. Of course, I picked that and a Blacksmith. I went with what I know. So far running through the game seems comfortable minus the adjustments I need to make myself to get used to the controls. This is very RPG quest-based gameplay. You run around beating up baddies and leveling yourself up and collecting loot and valuables. That in a sense is still the same as the original. It still has a point based system to increase your skills and stats which makes for a wide variety of character builds. Now it is just a matter of discovering which best suits your needs. Overall I was pleased that the gameplay did not change too much and gave it a full star!




Graphics
Although I still prefer the old style graphics from the original, this does have a refreshing feel to it. The 3D cell shaded styles gives a whole new look and feel to the world of Midgard. I am still having a lot of difficulties trying to navigate because the different menus pop up if you mouse over them. It does get a bit frustrating. I am sure though if I took the time to figure it out I would be able to move the chat windows and turn off the pop-up feature. The opening scenes were almost amazing! It ran through pages of a book and really did show the dedication to the series. Overall I do like the style and think it is a positive improvement on the series and gave it a full star.



Music
The music is very soothing and cinematic. It gives a great sense of ambiance and pulls a great value into the game emotionally. I started in Yggdrasil Garden, and the music has a very movie-like feel. Almost kind of sorrowful, yet also very powerful in a sense. As you work on your quest of Comming of Age, it gives you the feel like big things are going to happen, yet you feel as if though it could be kind of tragic too. Who knows though, I may be just to involved in the music and could be missing the feel of it altogether. Overall I found the music very calming and a great fit, so I gave it a full star!


Story
The storyline is based around Norse Mythology and has a medieval feel to it. Depending on the path you choose, human or noel will determine the storyline. The quests, adventures and everything you do progresses you through the story and history of this game. There is a lot to learn and know about back stories, history, and things to come in the storyline. So far in my storyline, I am learning about the history of the Noel and how my race came to be. I am working on my quest to Come to Age. So far it is just about becoming an adult and starting my own adventure and bringing great pride to the Noels. It is a very different feel from the original and I do look forward to progressing my story along. For a large number of possible outcomes, I gave this a full star.



Replay Value
I know from past experience there is a lot of replay value to this series. I played the original for years that spanned several characters, and the mobile version. With the new mobile version that was recently released, I have just got things started on that not too long ago as well. Between all the jobs, quests and races you can choose from, the is a large number of possible ways to play. For that, I gave this a full star!



 I am really looking forward to working on tips & tricks along with a full review later on down the road. Yes, I was a big fan of this series beforehand, and yes this game has been around for a while. So there will be no doubt that there is a large amount of info out there already on this game. I, however, love this game so far and will be making my own stuff for it. I am also looking at new ways to format my reviews. Sometimes the categories I chose just do not seem to fit with a certain game. Plus my reviews just always seem to be lacking either in detail or just plain missing something. Either way, I will be working on a better format and will make the reviews better with more info! I do hope you enjoyed today's review and have an adventurous day!
Ragnarok 2 Official Steam Site!
Official Ragnarok 2 Site

No comments:

Post a Comment