Friday, February 22, 2019

Green the Planet 2 Mobile Game Review!

Rated Everyone
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Green the Planet 2
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

This was a Blast App Mission game. So I had no idea what type of game this was or anything about it. You know me though I try all games and any kinds of games. This game was not what I expected it to be at all. At first, I thought it was a sandlot style build a planet game but I was so very wrong! Let's get into the review and see just how wrong I was!


Game Play
This fun simple game is nothing that I expected. You are given a dead planet in which you have to make green by destroying passing comets. The more comets you destroy, the more resources you obtain. You get seven different weapons to use an upgrade. You get little rovers that can help you collect your fallen resources that you can upgrade as well as how much they can carry. You also get a radar system that detects more comets faster and in more abundance that you can also upgrade. They also have a special resource that lets you combine 2 different weapons. Also, you can build more then one if you gain enough resources. They also have an auto launcher I have yet to obtain. In my hour of play, I managed to complete one whole planet. It was not until near the end of my hour that I figured out that you need to press on the green tube to use your resources to make your planet green. Once you complete a planet you set off in your space ship to the next one. For the simple fun and easy yet complicated balancing of the game, I gave it a full star! Can you balance your speed and weapon power to fly through these planets!






Graphics
These simple fun pixel style graphics make this game very appealing for all ages. I do enjoy these old classic pixelated graphics. They are what I grew up with and enjoy the most. This game has amazingly simple and complex animations for the weapons blasts and the growth of the green environment. For this, I gave it a full star!







Music
The music is simple and very 8-bit feeling. It only seems to have maybe at most ten notes on a constant loop. Yet the loop seems to be a full song just with different pitches. I do kind of wish it had a bit more of a variety, but with the simplistic nature of the game as a whole it fits in perfectly. The music is very space and ambient themed. For that, I gave it a full star.









Story
I am not really sure if there is even a story. Outside of the obvious flying from planet to planet making them green? Maybe they could have added a little something like another alien go to each planet and destroying it making you have to go through and bring them back to life? In all because I felt there was no true story at all I gave it an empty star.






Replay Value
I can see an unlimited source of simple idle fun and replay value. Maybe as you get further into the game the comets get stronger and force you to level up weapons even more. Is there an unlimited level for all your upgrades? Can you restart your whole game with a bonus? These questions I do not know, but that is how these typically work. In all, I do see so much potential for replay value and gave it a full star.





In all, I did enjoy this game very much. the beginning left me very confused at first because instead of explain what needs to be done it just showed you what to click on. It became a lot of trial and error and detective work for the first thirty minutes of play. It does also have a neat little feature where if you watch an ad you can get a comet storm. This was an insanely fun and addictive game! I do hope you all venture out and give this one a shot. I hope you all enjoyed this review and remember your grass is only as green as you make it!
Official Google Play Green the Planet 2 site!

No comments:

Post a Comment