Thursday, February 14, 2019

Final Fantasy Record Keeper Mobile Game Review!

Rated Everyone 10+
Alcohol Reference
Fantasy Violence
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Final Fantasy: Record Keeper
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.



Wow, this game I was really looking forward to. From everything I have seen for this game, I noticed that it dives into the stories briefly of each of the Final Fantasy Games stories. When this game got suggested to me I got a bit excited, then the reality of it completely being a drag hit me. That made me very nervous. These Final Fantasy Mobile games are very hit and miss. For a game to explore many games from the series in a good story, with what I really enjoy in an RPG was what I had really hoped for. Let's get into this review and see whether my hopes were crushed or fulfilled!


Game Play
The absolute simplest way I can explain the gameplay is, You are a Record Keeper who uses items, and heroes from previous Final Fantasy games to save the paintings. The battle system is a very well mixed old school classing Final Fantasy with a mix of bright vibrant anime-style gameplay. The mechanics are fairly simple. You collect heroes from the paintings you save, and items as well. You use both the equipment and items together to relive and play paintings and save them all. I really did enjoy this play style because it is full of the old school mechanics of an RPG battle system along with replaying the best parts of past Final Fantasy games. Although I have yet to experience any actual world exploring. It is more of a click the painting, select a battle and off you go. There are also events, and a library full of books with missions to unlock more relic draws, dungeons and more. Overall with what I have experienced so far, I am not disappointed. I gave this a full star!










Graphics
These graphics are a very well balanced mix of old and new. Playable characters are modeled after the old bit graphics of the past, as well as other characters given a more laid back and almost childlike feel too them. The backgrounds are done with a more modern approach and given a bit of the cartoon style feel, but pictures, or paintings, are more like screenshots from the original games. Overall I enjoyed the well-balanced feel to the whole thing and gave it a full star!






Music
The music is a wide variety of past Final Fantasy games. When you are in a Final Fantasy VII game you get the Final Fantasy VII music. This is the same for other areas as well. Mixed in does seem to be some newer songs for the Record Keeper game itself. Listening to these classic songs again make me wish I had all the systems to start the entire series all over again to enjoy them just as much as the first time. I do own most of the Final Fantasy soundtracks in an MP3 format I bought years ago. So for the music and remember the great adventures I had while listening to them again I gave it a full star!





Story
Ok, so the story part I have figured out so far is, A great evil something is making the records of the past Final Fantasy games disappear. Each world is recorded in paintings that you must enter and relive to save them. That is where I am at with learning the story so far. Is there more to it then just reliving each painting and highlight of past Final Fantasy games? I really do hope there is more to the story and that this game is not just depending on the past stories to pull it through. That is my biggest worry. If that really all there is to this, then I may lose my interest in this game quickly. I would rather just play the original games. Because of the lack of story adaption and variety makes me nervous I gave this half a star. Please do not disappoint me Square!






Replay Value
With the additions that have been kept up with, and events, and the sheer amount of areas to complete I do see a lot of potential replay value. The one small issue I do see though is how will it keep me here? It keeps giving me these highlights from past games and only makes me wish I could play those instead. Also to get Relic Draws you need a lot of gems. I am still not sure how to get them besides paying for them. That just makes me feel a lot less likely to continue to play this game. I do understand why they go this route, but at least they could provide us with a small sample, or even a taste of the great draws we could get. I do not really care for free to play games that tend to force you to pay to progress in the game. If that was the case I would just pay for the game then. Overall those few things made me very nervous so I gave it half a star.



Overall I am really looking forward to playing through the entirety of this game. It will be added to my list of Tips & Tricks games. I also want to do a full playthrough review along with possibly a walkthrough as well. The only thing that can really stop me is if I have to pay for all the relics. Sadly if that ends up being the case then this game will not be getting too much of my time. I really do hope you enjoyed my little review! I am wishing for you all to have an epic adventure in your day!
Final Fantasy Record Keeper Official Site

No comments:

Post a Comment