Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Utopia Origins Mobile Game Review!

Rated Everyone
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Utopia Origin
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.



I heard about this game from a friend. He explained it to me as a Minecraft game with a story and a reason. Outside of that the only thing I could think of was the fact that I would have yet another sandbox game where I can build and craft anything I would like. I spent most of my hour just collecting items and working through the tutorial, so let's see how well this game did!


Game Play
This game surprised me with a lot of neat features and gameplay modes. This game features many different and unique crafted items. Items from fort pieces to weapons and armor, to food and cooking pieces. It even has many types of vehicles to craft and build. There are also many different modes of play from free building to creative studio. Each mode has a peaceful and chaos mode as well. I did enjoy the game more than I first anticipated. For that, I gave it a full star!








Graphics
The graphics are fairly well done with a few small issues I did notice. For a game made like this, I was a bit surprised at some of the glitches and issues I spotted in this game. The graphics are done fun and vibrantly. It is almost done in the aim of younger children. It almost feels like they tried to improve Roblox and Minecraft and added their own unique twist into this game. The issues I did find though were broken textures, missing overlays, overlay edit issues, and even texture mapping issues. To me, it seemed as though they put most of their efforts into the gameplay and not enough into the look and feel of it. For that, I gave it half a star.






Music
The music for me seemed very fantasy like and more mystical then adventurous. The music was instrumental and done with possible a mechanical orchestra. The music does have a fun calming feel as well. Overall I do feel that this music does fit with the game and gave it a full star!







Story
This story has me confused? I thought I read somewhere where the player was chosen to rebuild the world? But in the tutorial, you just happen to get stranded on a paradise island called Beia. Outside of that, I have yet to see anything else about a storyline. I honestly can not remember where I saw that first storyline either. I am just so confused, maybe one of the readers can fill me in on the comments below. For now, I will only be giving it half a star.










Replay Value
With the number of modes, and the fact that you can build so many different things means the only limit you have for replay value is how quickly you get bored with this game. Most modes are online, and there are both peaceful and chaos modes. I have yet to try a chaos mode. I do know I spent a few hours just collecting materials to build a small makeshift fort. So I do see a lot of potential for replay value. So for that, I gave it a full star!






I will be playing more of this game in my spare time and will probably be making build updates on forts I build. Nothing big or fancy. Just fun little updates of how things work on the game itself. I mean aside from a few small flaws and glitches that I do hope will be fixed in up and coming patches. I do find games like Minecraft, Terraria and now this a lot. I think it is mostly just the fact of the freedom of building and designing. To me, that just seems like so much fun. I hope this review helped you out with getting to know this game a bit more, and I hope you have a creative day!
Utopia Origin Official Site!

1 comment: