Thursday, February 28, 2019

Adventuring with Michael Beard!


Mission Goal

  1. Create a journalistic story on this blog from the view of my character
  2. Add in hand drawn images from my character's perspective
  3. Create feelings and emotion within the character and give him a sense of purpose
  4. Bring in tips and tricks for fans of the game to use in their own adventures
  5. Show walkthroughs from quests, events, and hunters logs



Well, this little project I am working on should be something fun and I hope many of you can enjoy. My goal is to make a series of blog posts like a journal. From the view of my character in the game of Final Fantasy XIV. I will be doing posts like a journal from his view. How he thinks, what he thinks, and how he goes on his adventures. I also plan to add small things like hand-drawn images to my posts and give it as much of a handwritten feel as I can. I am also going to be including the quests I take on in the game along with giving details about the quests, monsters and everything I come across. So it will be something like and adventurers guide. I am still working out the details of my format and just how I can make it look like a journal more than just another post.

Monsters and Beasts of Eorzea
As I encounter all the monsters and beasts that roam all of Eorzea I want to catalog them and make a detailed list of all of them. Like items they drop and all the places in Eorzea that you can find them. I want to make this so it is part story, part tips and tricks, and part walkthrough. It is just a matter of finding that balance, and a good format. It may take time and small adjustments as I progress through, and lots of additions as I find more locations of the monsters and beasts of Eorzea. I may even make a special post that I keep updated with all my findings.


Quests and Adventures
As I take on each quest and mission or hunting log I plan to keep a detailed view from my character. Where the quest is how to obtain it, and even how to finish it. I will also be writing it as a story style approach. An approach from my characters view. Not just a list of the quests and where to get them but more like a story was written by my character. The quest, adventures, and exploration will become my characters story in his journal. It will be filled with excitement, sorrow, and fun.




Maps and Exploration
I will keep a map of my travels and places I explore. Each time I find a new area I will mark it on my maps. As the readers, you can follow my journies and as a player, you could even possibly meet me in the world of Eorzea! Who knows, maybe on my travels you will become part of my story. Any time I find new locations I will add new maps, and keep a fun log of all the cool places I find. If I do have time and decide to do the posts daily then maybe I can get a chance to hand drawn some landscapes I encounter. I will keep marks of places I enjoy on the maps and even a small location guide of all the things I think should be marked on a map. Quest locations, special monsters, treasures and even great places to hang out. Maybe even with the help of my maps you can have an adventure yourself to try and find me. It could be fun for both readers and players alike!

Crafting, and Advancing my Classes
As I learn how to craft and increase my skills as an archer I will share my failures and successes as I learn and develop. I will present the crafting items with materials and where to find them and how to obtain them along with the skills I acquire as I become the best archer I can. Again this will be presented from my character's perspective a journal/story style format. The readers and players can join me as my character grows and develops his ways and personality through his adventures and growth. As I join other adventures the readers and players will become part of my story and journey as well. I will add ways for readers to take part in my adventures as well as other players themselves.

My end goal is to create a fun and interactive way to enjoy a game from a readers and player's characters perspective. To try and bring the character into a reality. It will be hard and difficult at first to try and figure out the balanced format with everything I am trying to accomplish, but you only learn from doing, right? It will be a pretty fun project, and I will have to work out how to fund the monthly subscription. I do think this will be fun and really hope it is something people can enjoy as well. If not then I can just as easily stop doing it just as easily as I started it. So please let me know what you all think and your opinions and maybe even let me know some suggestions!

If you enjoy what I do here on this blog then please help by sharing, commenting and if you would like, check out the store with my merch! All sales go to improving my blog and finding better games to play and review!

No comments:

Post a Comment