Saturday, February 9, 2019

Final Fantasy Brave EXVIUS Mobile Game Review!

Rated Teen
Blood
Fantasy Violence
Partial Nudity
Suggestive Themes
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Ok, so wow. Right off the start, this one made me super nervous. As with any game I review I make sure to check the ratings and make sure I am not putting something out there kids should not be seeing. Ok, so it turns out that the partial nudity comes from a character wearing a thong? I mean it's a pixelated character? I am not 100% sure on that though. It was just what I found all over the net. I guess the suggestive themes could also be either the fact that they are fighting a war, or there is a bit of romance? Nothing you would not find in a typical Hallmark family movie though. I did manage to peek a bit while searching for the rating stuff, and I must say... Well, let's save it for the review.

Game Play
The gameplay and mechanics are fairly simple. It has a setup that looks like an old Final Fantasy game, except you just click the characters window and make them attack. So much downloading with these Square Enix games. A lot of the scenes have that old school Final Fantasy vibe. So far I am loving it. There is no free roaming exploration sadly. It is all a basic map with quest makers. The constant downloading slowed me down quite a bit, so I did not make it much past the tutorial before my hour ran out. I had just stopped when I learned how to Summon Visions. They are like the summons and Aeons of the older games. I may have to play this more and make a second review. So far though this seems like a classic feel with an upgrade. Overall I gave this a full star!






Graphics
The graphics are a well-balanced mix of classic and newer cinematics. A feel of the old school RPG mixed with modern animations. For me, this is highly enjoyable. The background and single picture images are done with a more modern approach while the sprites (characters) are done with a classic pixel format. I do enjoy the look and feel of the graphics and animations, for that, I gave it a full star!




Music
They did not fall short in any aspect of the music or sound effects at all. They used their trademark battle victory music and a lot of variety that seems to have been done in an orchestra? I mean, in all honesty, it probably could have been done digitally. It does have a great vibe, full of emotion and story driving ability. There is a wide variety of sad, upbeat battles, fast-paced action, and even soft calming music. I gave the music a full star. So very well done! I wonder if I can get this soundtrack?



Story
So far it is the same as any other Final Fantasy story. I have not gotten far into yet, but I am willing to bet there are a lot of variations. The basics are, darkness is coming to destroy the world and you have been chosen by the crystal to save it. I am fairly certain that covers the whole story. I have always enjoyed the stories produced by this franchise even though they all seem similar in their foundation. To me, that is what gives it that familiar feel. I gave the story a full star!




Replay Value
If this is like a typical Final Fantasy it could potentially have some replay value to it. I know on the console games I have always replayed the games to find all the secrets, hidden items, bonus scenes, and even to better my scores. Now if this game carries that same style or not I am not sure yet. I know recently I reviewed Dissidia and found out that there was not much to do after completing the story. I have yet to beat that game though and will find out fully on my own for sure. For now, I gave this a full star.



Trying to play this game really slowed me down because I had some bad Wi-fi today and the constant downloading slow me down drastically. I will be coming back when I beat this a do a full review of this game. If there is more to this than I first got a chance to see and you have played this then please let me know in the comments below. I do hope you enjoyed today's review and hope you all have a fantastic day!
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Official Site

No comments:

Post a Comment