Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Mobius Final Fantasy Mobile Game Review!

Rated Teen
Fantasy Violence
Suggestive Themes
Partial Nudity
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Mobius: Final Fantasy
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Ok so of course when I saw the rating and what it was all about I did some digging. I should have known better, but because I want to be careful on this blog I do look into these things first. Yeah, it was basically nothing. I did, however, catch some reviews and what have you on this game, and because I have never played it before I am very worried about it. I have seen a lot of negativity towards this game. It is a Final Fantasy game though and deserves at least a small chance. I mean it can not be that bad right?


Game Play
Ok, so this game is a very linear progress style. By that I mean it's a map of points that you progress along as you beat each point. The battle is a simple tap and uses your cards battle system. As your cards level up your power goes up. It is a stamina based system where you use stamina to make your attack on the points on the map. Which does limit to how far you can progress in a certain amount of time. There is also something called Skillseed that you obtain from cards, but I am not too sure just how that works. It was not too clear in the tutorial. Overall this does make for a fairly dull game. For me, a Final Fantasy game is about character development and exploring the world. There really is none of that. With the added auto-battle button you really do not even have to play the game? I mean even the job classes just seem to be very lacking. Overall I had to give this half a star. I was not to please with the game style. Maybe because it just did not feel like a Final Fantasy game.




Graphics
The graphics were kind of hit and miss for me. They just generally seemed too rushed. Sometimes the character looks great in high res, and then other times it just looks blurry. The animations and cutscenes do look amazing. Enemy visuals sometimes are hard to really make out. The cards do look pretty amazing as well, but nothing too awful. I just feel kind of on the fence about the graphics. You can almost tell where they spent most of their time working, then the area they just ran out of time. I can understand why the reviews I had a peek at did not enjoy this game. For me, I had to give it half a star.





Music
So far the music is what I am enjoying the most. It has a very orchestra and pleasing opera feel to it. The main map area has an elegant and peaceful opera hymn style to it while the battles have more of a dramatic and urgent feel to it. Aside from that there really is not much more to the music, but I still gave it a full star for the enjoyment I got out of it.








Story
Well, so far I know that you are a lost soul? On a path of enlightenment and training to become a warrior of the light. Yeah, that is about the foundation of it. It is the absolute basic of all Final Fantasy games, but this one does not seem to show much of a difference to make it shine as something truly engaging. Vox seems to be your guiding light who pokes fun at you from time to time, and you as the playable character just wants nothing to do with him and seems to remember things, or not remember them. Yeah, I am just as confused. This story does nothing to catch my attention at all and makes me shy away from it all too easily. For that, I gave it half a star.








Replay Value
Well, you have card collections, events, character upgrades, and the storyline. After the storyline, I am not sure what there is to honestly keep you here aside from completing missions and collecting new cards. For me, I do not see any replay value at all in it. I am sure there are lots of people out there who do enjoy this game. Maybe even something I missed? If you do enjoy the game and still do play, then please let me know how long and what keeps you playing in the comments below. Overall though I had to give this an empty star.


I honestly do not see me playing this past what I have for the review. Everything for me just felt off. It did not feel to me like what a Final Fantasy game should. I enjoy Final Fantasy for the exploration, character development, and just the amazing stories they typically tell. Final Fantasy games like that I could replay again and again, even after completing them to 100%. Maybe this was just one of those games where they tried something new? Maybe they jumped into trying to broaden what a Final Fantasy game is. I am not sure either way what happened with this game. I most likely will not be continuing this game unless someone can convince me there is a gem in there somewhere but I highly doubt it. I do hope you enjoyed this review, and hope you all have a fantastic day!
Mobius Final Fantasy Official Site!

No comments:

Post a Comment