Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Old School Runescape Mobile Game Review!

Rated Teen
Fantasy Violence
Use of Alcohol
Crude Humor
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Old School Runescape
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and the give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

Wow, this game brings back loads of memories. I used to play this game a lot way back years ago. Mostly though I just leveled up my crafting skills. This is one of those classic PC Games I am surprised that took so long to come to mobile. I am glad it has not been changed much from what I can remember. I have always been one of those people that thought if something was not broke, then it did not need to be fixed. So let's get to the review!

Game Play
The gameplay is truly unique and one of a kind for its time. It made crafting and RPG games what they are today in my opinion. You can craft, cook, blacksmith, quest, grow, and tailor so many different things. With this game style, the only way to progress was to level up your skills and craft your own gear. Or you could quest and earn money and pay someone else to craft everything for you. For me, my goal always was to max out all of my skills. With a game full of so many other people doing the same thing, this can sometimes be hard to do. You can be anything from a fisherman to a lumberjack, a chef, or even an armorer. Now as for the mechanics of just tapping the screen or sliding your finger to move it around needs a bit of getting used to. I do feel that maybe my phone is too small for all of the stuff on my screen, but I will not let that stop me from playing the game. Overall I gave the gameplay and mechanics a full star.





Graphics
The graphics are still the same great old school 3D style graphics. You really do get a sense of just how old this game is just from the graphics and animations alone. I am very glad that they never upgraded or changed anything with this game so far and kept that same great classic look and feel. For that, I gave graphics a full star.







Music
Yes, it is still that same old tune. Although I do think it has been upgraded. I do not remember much other than the old 8-bit sounds. Now it seems to have decent instruments and even some nice background animal and ambient sounds. I might also just be remembering it wrong as well. It was a long time ago I played this game. Overall I happily gave the music a full star!




Story
Now I know there is a story you follow along as you complete certain quests. I just do not remember what it is. Nor have I found any indication yet of what it is. I may have to just see if I can find something online that tells me the basics of the story. I was not able to find a quick simple answer aside from there being several stories you learn as you complete quests. I myself back when I played rarely did quests because I was to focused on trying to max out my stats and skills. I guess now I have a real reason to do quests. For the fact that there are multiple stories, I gave this game a full star!



Replay Value
This game has so much going for it. With all the skills, job paths, quests and just the large amount of time it takes to complete everything. I mean look how long this old school classic has survived and flourished. This game will always leave you coming back for more. There is just way too much to do in this game. For that, I gave it a full star!





Overall I am very pleased with this game. I am glad, if there were any, that the game has not changed and kept its classic feel. I know for a fact I will be wasting away hours on this game again. Whether or not a make a bigger article or tips and facts posts for it I do not know yet. That is simply due to the fact that this game has been around forever and there already is so much out there about it. Only time will tell. I do hope you all enjoyed tonight's review and can craft yourself an amazing day!
Runescape Official Site
Official Runescape Google Page

1 comment:

  1. The first real ad I've ever seen for old school Runescape, and it's nailed right on the head. Great work team, good to see some real advertisement from you! The meme ads are good for their audience too.

    ReplyDelete