Sunday, February 24, 2019

Stellar Age: MMO Strategy Mobile Game Review!

Rated Everyone
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Stellar Age: MMO Strategy
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.


Wow, I had so many troubles just trying to get this game started. For almost three days I reinstalled it and tried to figure out what was wrong. I kept getting a connection issue, and even an in-game warning that there would be problems. When I tried to contact the developers, they tried to say it was my internet connection. That made no sense to me at all because I have no internet connection issues with anything else and their own game even says when you loaded it up that they were the ones having issues. Way to shift the blame, guys! So now finally I got this game up and running! Let's get right into this review!


Game Play
This is your typical base builder game. This game caused so many issues for me just to play. Three days just to get into the game, and dozens of crashes, freezes and so much more. I did try and give it a full hour of play. This is what I was able to discover. This game is no different than any other base-building strategy game, with the added effect of planets and a solar system instead of just one world. The basic idea is to create ways to produce resources to build and develop your colony. The other alternative is to farm for resources. With that strategy, you basically prey on the weaker and less developed players and steal their resources. For those of you who are new to this style of game, your best bet would be to follow the tasks and gain a better understanding of the game that way. There are events to participate in to gain much need items to help you progress and develop your colony faster and stronger. Overall I have not seen anything besides the space theme that makes this game any different from all the rest. There really is not anything different that actually attracts me to keep going with this game. Yeah, it is a well-done game, it has all the basics that every other base-building strategy game has. Overall I still gave this a full star.









Graphics
The graphics are very stunning and well done. They are a very well designed space and science fiction based set. The background for your colony is well mapped out around your buildings. The universe map with the other planets is a bit lacking. It seems just like one solid background that does not change or move. The only thing that does move is the planets themselves. These graphics are very realistic in nature and have a good high detail feel. Overall I did enjoy the detail and the style and gave it a full star.






Music
The music made me feel like they just forgot it needed music till that last minute. It has an ambient house trance style feel to it. The music reminds me so much of the newer Command & Conquer games. There are several different songs in the game but they give a mood to the game like your at the end of a sad lost story. Almost like the opening of a tragic space movie. To me, it just did not feel right and I gave it half a star. The music just seems to jump all over way too much.




Story
I have not seen or experienced any sign of a story at all for this game yet. I could not even find anything that points to a storyline at all. So many games now do not even bother with a story. Not having a story does not hurt a game in any way. For me, I play games for a good story and great gameplay. Overall I gave this an empty star. If I do find a storyline as I continue into the game I will come back and update it. Or if anyone who reads this can fill me in on it if I missed it.






Replay Value
These games tend to be very time demanding and always hold a huge amount of replay value. The constant hunting for resources, defending your colony, upgrading your colony and even growing your army. There is so much that you have to stay on top of because everyone else below you is working on the same goal, and if you slow down someone will turn you into their payday. Overall I gave replay value a full star.



I am not sure just yet how long I will continue to play this because I already play three other games just like this. There is nothing new or different about this game that draws me to it. I mean besides the space theme behind it there really is not much else. The others I do play have a lot of other features to them. This one just feels like a basic base building game. Others have features like generals you can upgrade, and improvements you can make through a general or main character. I am just not so sure I can dedicate too much time into this game. I do hope this review helped you out, and hope you all explore new ways of happiness!
Google Play Official Stellar Age Site!
Official Stellar Age Site!

If you enjoy what I do here on this blog then please help by sharing, commenting and if you would like, check out the store with my merch! All sales go to improving my blog and finding better games to play and review!

No comments:

Post a Comment