Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Dragons and Diamond Mobile Game Review!

Rated Everyone
Mild Fantasy Violence
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Dragons & Diamonds
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.


This was a random game I had written down that I just do not remember why. It may have been a request, or maybe even a Blast App Mission. I just do not remember. I have been so busy these last few days working on another project that will be added to the blog here hopefully before the end of the week. Let's jump into this review and get it underway!


Game Play
This is a simple match the gems style puzzle game with a small twist. This game is set up with colored gems representing the heroes you choose to fight within each battle. As you match up as many gems as possible they add to your attack on your enemy. After you chain enough of them together you get a special that helps you chain even more diamonds together for an even greater attack. As you beat each level you earn upgrade cards and gold. The upgrade cards level up your heroes, and the gold is used to pay for your upgrades. So there will be times you need to grind for gold when you need to upgrade a hero. They do have a Hunter's Log which is basically just like your daily tasks to complete. Outside of all of that there really is not much to this game. Overall the game is fun, for that, I gave it a full star.





Graphics
The graphics seem to be done in a very cartoony 3D style. Your heroes are similar to a lot of other games. There is not too much that makes this game stand out from any of the other games with this same style or theme. There was not too much graphically that stood out to me. It just had a general feeling that just reminds me of a lot of other games. Overall I gave it half a star.







Music
The music is your basic uplifted adventure style music. The battle music almost feels like it should be the main menu music while the menu music should be the battle music. The victory music did not really feel like a victory. The overall feel of the music just made the game feel plain. It really did nothing to progress the game along. For that, I gave it half a star.




Story
So from what I understand the dragons have been ruling the realms and destroying and spreading fear everywhere they go. They imprisoned the brave hunters and locked them away until you show up. That is the sum of the story. I got past the first dragon and did not notice the story progressing much beyond just what you see in the opening. All that you get from the dragons is some banter, and then a new area unlocked. Well, there is a start to the story and hopefully, in the end, there will be a finish. For now, I am giving it half a star because I think the story just disappears after the opening.






Replay Value
Well, there is no competitiveness and so far there are only fifteen characters with the potential for more later. I have no idea how many realms there are exactly, but after you finish them I do not see what could be done after that. You could come back for the new heroes, but if they are no new realms then I see it kind of pointless to get the new heroes. The only other thing there is would be to just get three stars on each level in each realm and max out your heroes. I just do not see any replay value after you beat the game. This game does have a close feel just like Puzzles and Dragons, just a lot more simplified. I do not see any replay value so I gave it an empty star.



This is a very fun little time killer game. It is super easy to just pick up and play very casually. There really is not much to figure out or anything that makes the game complicated. I do see both adult and children enjoying this game at all age levels If you enjoy other games like Candy Crush, or Puzzles and Dragons than I am sure you would enjoy this game as well. I do hope you enjoyed this review, and I hope you all have a match perfect day!
Google Play Dragons and Diamonds Official Site

If you enjoy what I do here on this blog then please help by sharing, commenting and if you would like, check out the store with my merch! All sales go to improving my blog and finding better games to play and review!

No comments:

Post a Comment