Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Merge Dragons Mobile Game Review!

Rated Everyone
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Merge Dragons
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.


This was another game I discovered through my Blast App Missions. Again just by looking at a picture I have seen on the Blast App this was again a game I was not expecting. I figured this was another one of those grow and breed your dragons style game and yet again I was so wrong! This turned out to be a very new style of game for me. Let us jump into this review and let me tell you all about it!


Game Play
This style of gameplay is very unique to me. You are given a small 3D style platform area with a grid system laid out on it. There are random items scattered around and your task is to match three items that are the same. When the three items match up they combine into a better item, or until you get the item you need to complete the level. As you could also guess you are looking to find dragon eggs as you go through your levels. As you find and raise your dragons you can upgrade and grow your home as well. Your home is an area where you keep your dragons, there are vaults and tiny dragon homes that you merge as well to increase how many coins and dragons you can keep in your home. That is just what I figured out so far. I kind of got sucked into building and merging everything in my home area a little too much I think. Overall for the fun new and unique style of gameplay, I gave this a full star!






Graphics
These are fun animated and cartoon style graphics. Amazing designs for the environments, dragons and even down to the items you have to merge together. These graphics I do believe would be fun for all ages. These bright and vibrant colors get a full star from me!







Music
There is ambient background sounds, sound effects, and menu music. Sadly I do not hear any music in the Home area. The music itself is fun playful and upbeat. It is almost tribal feeling in general. Almost like a sunny day on a tropical beach. Well, that is how it makes me feel anyway. Overall I did enjoy the music, but like I said I did not hear it in the home area. For this, I gave it half a star. To me, that is an important area to have music.





Story
I have no honest clue what the story could even me. I do know you have to go around from area to area saving them from the Zomblins who ruined them with some kind of ooze. Whether that is the story or not I do not know. I even looked around online to try and find something on the storyline and had no luck at all. Since there is a concept for a potential story in place then I will go ahead and give this part a half star.




Replay Value
From what I can see there are a lot of boards to complete and a lot of items to gain. there is no sense of urgency in this game, so there really is nothing pulling you back in competitively. After you completely clear your home, collect all the items, and beat all the areas I am not too sure what else there could be to do. Yes, this game is fun, but also easily forgotten for me. I could honestly turn this game off and not play it again for a few days and pick it right back up where I left it. This is a stamina based game so you do get stuck waiting for stamina to refill to work on more levels. I easily emptied my stamina in the first twenty minutes. I went and messed around in the home area and that was about it. For replay value, I just do not see a reason to keep playing once you do beat everything. I gave this an empty star.



Now do not get me wrong at all with my review. I did really have fun playing this game. I might even continue playing it later on. This was a very different and fun game from anything else I played up to this point. I am really happy I had a chance to try this game out. Most of my fun came from organizing my Home area and setting areas for items to combine. I think I enjoy it so much because it is something completely new to me. it is very different from all the other games I typically play. I just know when it loses that new toy feeling it might be forgotten. Only time will tell for that though. I do hope you enjoyed this review and hope you all have a magnificent day!
Official Merge Dragons Site
Official Google Play Merge Dragons Site!

If you enjoy what I do here on this blog then please help by sharing, commenting and if you would like, check out the store with my merch! All sales go to improving my blog and finding better games to play and review!

No comments:

Post a Comment