Friday, March 1, 2019

Hades' Star Mobile Game Review!

Rated Everyone
Digital Purchases

Mr. Beard's Review
Hades' Star
Mobile Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.



This is yet another one of my Blast App Missions. Judging from the picture I did have a feeling that this may just be another base building game. The last one I reviewed did not hold up against games I already had in this genre of games. Although my initial thought was that this was just another base builder I was slightly wrong and here is why!


Game Play
This is not like a typical base building game. I am still not fully sure yet what I should be doing in this game. I have been paying attention to the tutorial but it does not exactly explain anything. It just tells you what to do. This does seem to be a very simplified version of a typical base builder, but it does take some getting used to. I did a lot of trial and error and searching in all the different things just to see what does what. I think I get this game to a degree but I just as I think I got it figured out I quickly realize I am just blindly taping and just making things happen blindly. Even just trying to follow the tutorial left me even more confused. There was one part that wanted me to build a battleship to explore a new sector but I did not have enough credits to build it so it asked me to purchase more. So like all the games I play I do not spend money on them unless I know I will be playing them for a long time. So I tried to make the credits with mining and transporting. That really was all I had the chance to do. This is a very slow builder and idle game. Too little direction, and just not enough explanation. Overall I gave it only half a star. This game needs a lot of work.



 

Graphics
Well, I have a lot of mixed feelings about these graphics. The background, planets, moons, and asteroids look great. The things you build around your planet, the ships and everything else is just plain looking icons. This game just feels altogether unfinished. I sent my one battleship into a new sector and it attacked an enemy ship. I did not even realize it attacked the enemy ship until I was looking around the menus. I gave the graphics half a star. This just felt so half done.


Music
The music is just one creepy space style techno song on a loop. It is an ok song for the first twenty minutes or so. Then it just kind of gets old and just feels like noise. I have not noticed any other music in this game yet either. Not in the menus, in other sectors or anything. Overall I gave the music a full star. Yeah, it is just one song on a loop, but it is a song I did enjoy.




Story
I did not see anything at all that could even remotely pertain to anything that could be a story. I did find something that deals with a storyline on their main site. Here is the story from the Hades's Star Site.
"The first Scout ships we sent into the newly discovered Hades Galaxy confirmed what our greediest Corporations were hoping for: A new world filled with rich star systems and rare minerals. Subsequent reports of hostile environments, unstable stars, and a mysterious indigenous race were quickly dismissed. Massive Colonization missions were put in place in record time. Already, millions of ships have reached the new Galaxy and set outposts on various planets. Every day, thousands more arrive.
As the owner of a humble fleet arriving at the outskirts of the Hades Galaxy, you will work to colonize planets, collect valuable minerals, build space stations, grow your economy and solidify your presence in dangerous star systems. You will create fleets to expand and protect your interests against the aggressive race guarding this galaxy. You will have the option to join your efforts with other players and form Corporations, giving access to more powerful fleets and growing your influence in the political landscape formed by thousands of other human players." - Hades' Star Official Site
the story would be better if it was somewhere in the game itself. Maybe it is and I am just missing it or just never made it far enough. I am going to give it half a star simply because it does have a story.


Replay Value
For me personally, I do not get a sense of competitive play, nor a sense of urgency to build. This game for me was very slow and uneventful by far. I honestly can not see any replay value with this game at all. It kind of just feels like one of those long time idle building games. For me, I am more likely to forget about that game while I am sitting here playing it. Overall I gave this an empty star.






There just really is nothing that hooks me into the game. I honestly do not think it will make it till tomorrow. I may just end up removing this game tonight if nothing happens soon. I do hope you enjoyed this review, and hope you all explore the endless possibilities of happiness!
Google Play Hades' Star Official Page

If you enjoy what I do here on this blog then please help by sharing, commenting and if you would like, check out the store with my merch! All sales go to improving my blog and finding better games to play and review!

No comments:

Post a Comment