Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction PC Review!

Rated Mature 17+
Animated Blood
Animated Violence
Gore

Mr. Beard's Review
Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
PC Game


The way I am doing these reviews is either people Suggest a game, or I find a random game to play. I play the game for an hour and give my initial opinion. Sometimes however I do play a game a little longer. It all just depends on my mood when I'm ready to write the next post. Every time I play a game and give it my personal rating. I rate the game on 5 different personal points.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
I'll get to each one separately and explain why I feel it gets a full star or not. Now I can get into great detail with everything about this game, but this is just a quick review of the game. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

This is the game that got me started on the Diablo series. This is one of those games I can get sucked into all day long if I am not rescued from it. I can either play this online or offline just searching for new equipment. So let me get this review underway!


Game Play
This is an RPG (Role Playing Game), or MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) depending on whether you want to play in a party or just by yourself. This is a top-down angled view, which does make things easier to do in a game of this style. For me, the biggest thing going for this game is the hunt for loot and better equipment. Now, this is an expansion for Diablo 2. In this expansion, there have been two new character classes added to the game. The Assassin and the Druid are both new additions. They also added a fifth act and loads of new weapons and equipment for the new classes. They also made a bunch of improvements to the game as well. There are special rare monsters to find and slay for that better loot drops. There is a lot to explore in this game as well. In all for all the new additions to this game, I gave it a full star.





Graphics
The graphics are not a huge improvement except maybe the new loot and the new character designs for the new classes. So things would have been nice to see differently. Like maybe character changes with equipment or something like that. I gave this half a star. It just was the same as the last game.







Music
The music does absolutely nothing for me. It just feels more like background noise and is very easily drowned out by the ambiance and the sound effects. The music is more gloomy and sad than anything. It does not give it a sense of adventure or even a mood for the game. If I am remembering correctly the original Diablo 2 had a fairly good score. I had to give this an empty star cause whether the music is there or not it really does nothing for the game.





Story
I am fairly certain the story is still the same concept with Act 5 being added. Again, my drive in this game was more item and loot hunting then the story. Here is what I found for what happens with Act 5.
After the player successfully ventures into Hell and defeats Diablo in Act IV, upon returning to the Pandemonium Fortress they are met by the Archangel Tyrael with an urgent summons. Tyrael opens a portal to Harrogath, a stronghold on Mount Arreat in the northern Barbarian Highlands. As shown at the end of Act IV, while two of the Prime Evils of Hell, Diablo, and Mephisto, have been killed and their Soulstones destroyed at the Hellforge, their surviving brother Baal has impersonated Tyrael and retrieved his own Soulstone from the narrator Marius. Baal has raised an army and attacked Mount Arreat, whose Barbarian inhabitants are tasked with defending the Worldstone.
There are six quests in Act V. The player starts off at the stronghold of Harrogath. There are also ice caverns in the mountains, as well as hellish subterranean pits (reminiscent of Hell in Act IV) for extra monsters and experience. After reaching the summit of Arreat, the player gains access to the Worldstone Keep.
Many of the folk in Harrogath do not initially trust the player character (even if they are playing as the Barbarian class). The player has to slay Shenk the Overseer who is leading the assault in the Bloody Foothills in order to relieve the siege of Harrogath. The player can also rescue the captured Barbarian defenders. Completing these quests gradually helps the town inhabitants warm to the player and they will provide aid or other services.
The player soon discovers that one of Harrogath's councilors or Elders, Nihlathak, has made a deal with Baal to spare Harrogath in return for access to the Worldstone Keep. After rescuing Anya and learning of this betrayal, the player has to find and kill Nihlathak, who is sheltered between his minions in the Halls of Vaught.
Before gaining access to the Worldstone Keep, the player must defeat The Ancients, which are the three Barbarians - Talic the Defender, Madawc the Guardian and Korlic the Protector - guarding the Worldstone who allow only the worthy to pass. After the player succeeds, the Ancients warn that Baal is already into the Keep and has blocked Tyrael's presence.
Finally, the player fights Baal in The Worldstone Chamber, after defeating his pack of minions at the Throne of Destruction. Tyrael appears after Baal is dead, congratulating the player and opening a portal to Destruction's End, the conclusion of the game. As the Worldstone is corrupted by Baal, Tyrael has no choice but to destroy it before its power of Hell takes root. - Diablo II Lord of Destruction Wiki
So, in a nutshell, it is just another demon taking the place of the last two. In all honesty, maybe this is the reason I was not too involved in this story. It just seems to me like the same plot over and over, just different names. I had to give this half a star. The more I sit and try to find an interest in it the more I just get put off by it.




Replay Value
Ok, so I do know there is a lot of replay value to this game. So far I have two main characters I play offline, and I am trying to get one of each class to play online. The biggest thing for me is hunting for new loot. I am one of the gamers who have to explore everywhere and find everything. I am addicted to item collections. Playing online is still very fun for me. Although I do have to try and switch gears when I play online with a group. Playing online I have to go from loot hunting to leveling up. We are all there looking for the same ultimate loot. So for this, I had to give it a full star!






I still do enjoy this game a lot and I have to be careful every time I play it. I may aim to play for an hour each morning to do a few quick runs for loot, and the next thing I know it is two days later. Maybe I just need a girlfriend to keep me away from these types of games? Awe who am I kidding I would just talk her into playing the games with me! I do hope you all enjoyed this review and I hope you all have a blessed and adventurous day!

If you enjoy what I do here on this blog then please help by sharing, commenting and if you would like, check out the store with my merch! All sales go to improving my blog and finding better games to play and review!

No comments:

Post a Comment