Saturday, March 16, 2019

Final Fantasy III Console Game Review!

Rated Everyone - Everyone 10+
Mild Fantasy Violence
Mild Suggestive Themes

Mr. Beard's Review
Final Fantasy III
SNES Console


Ok, so I am going to be trying a different approach and a different format to my reviews. I still will be rating each game on my five different points. At some point, I may change and adapt them as well though. I just am trying to make my reviews better and more informative to all the readers. I will not be doing separate sections for each one of them as I have done before. Each star will represent each thing I review and I will be touching on each of them as I write up my review. I will be trying to add more info on each game now and doing a little research on them as well.
Game Play
Graphics
Music
Story
Replay Value
This is still a quick review of what I have experienced in the first hour of the game unless it is a game I have already played. If you would like to know more just let me know in the comments below. Plus I will also be posting links to some other great resources.

See this is always where I get confused. I know that this is not the original Final Fantasy 3. At least that is what I think. The original Final Fantasy 3 I found was in Japanese and had the four Onion Knights in it. So this one that is for the SNES I am convinced is actually Final Fantasy 4 in Japan. So with that being said, this is a review for Final Fantasy 3 in America and Final Fantasy 4 in Japan. Now this game was released as Final Fantasy 3 here in America for the SNES in 1994.


Now from what I understand these are way two different stories. Sadly though I will not know. I do know the characters and the start of the game are two completely different things. So for this review, I will only be able to let you know what I experience in the SNES version. Not the original. Maybe one day I can get my hands on a copy of the original with some translations and make a review for that as well. I also do believe this is the first game that introduced Mogs and Chocobos. Now I could be wrong in this sense. They may have been released in the original Final Fantasy 3. I honestly have never had the pleasure of playing it so I am not sure.



Now, as far as I have noticed it does seem to me like the swapped weapon skills with magic, techs and a relic system. Now I have not yet had the chance to really get into each of those except for what I encountered during the gameplay. From my experience so far it seems as though very few people are able to actually use magic. It seems to be a skill learned as you level up. I can not honestly say for sure. I had thought at first they kept the system from two, and till I realized it was not the same it was already too late. As for the Relic system, I only know of it because it is on the menu. I am not too sure what it is. The Espers I do believe are the same as the summonings from the newer games.



It still is basically the same style battle system as it's earlier counterparts. It is an active time battle system. It still does feel simple and easy to get through the game. Not nearly the challenge of the original two games. There is a good sense of storyline in this game right off the start. Maybe the originals lacked story simply just because of the lack of space? You get a good sense of what is going on right off the start in this game. With some exploring and talking to locals it gives you a sense of things to come and what is going on.
"In the town of Narshe, Terra participates in an Imperial mission to seize a powerful Esper encased in ice. Upon locating it, a magical reaction occurs between Terra and the Esper; as a result, the soldiers accompanying Terra are killed and Terra is knocked unconscious. Upon awakening, Terra is informed that the Empire had been using a slave crown to control her actions. With the crown removed, Terra now cannot remember anything more than her name and her rare ability to use magic unaided. Terra is then introduced to an organization known as the "Returners", who she agrees to help in their revolution against the Empire. The Returners learn that Imperial soldiers, led by Kefka, are planning another attempt to seize the frozen Esper. After repelling Kefka's attack, Terra experiences another magical reaction with the frozen Esper; she transforms into a creature resembling an Esper and flies to another continent. Upon locating Terra, the party is confronted by an Esper named Ramuh, who informs the group that Terra may require the assistance of another Esper imprisoned in the Imperial capital city of Vector.
At Vector, the party attempts to rescue several Espers; however, the Espers are already dying from Magitek experiments and choose instead to offer their lives to the party by transforming into magicite. The group returns to Terra and observes a reaction between her and the magicite "Maduin". The reaction calms Terra and restores her memory; she reveals that she is the half-human, half-Esper child of Maduin and a human woman. With this revelation, the Returners ask Terra to convince the Espers to join their cause. To do this, she travels to the sealed gate between the human and Esper worlds. However, unbeknownst to the party, the Empire also uses Terra to gain access to the Esper world. There, Emperor Gestahl and Kefka retrieve the statues of the Warring Triad, raising a landmass called the Floating Continent. The group confronts Emperor Gestahl and Kefka at the Floating Continent, whereupon Kefka murders Gestahl. Kefka then tampers with the alignment of the statues, which upsets the balance of magic and destroys most of the surface of the world.
One year later, Celes awakens on a deserted island. She learns that Kefka is using the three statues to rule the world in a god-like manner and that his rule is causing all life to slowly wither away. After Celes finds her lost comrades, they decide to confront Kefka and end his reign. Once Kefka is killed and the statues are destroyed, the magic and Espers disappear from the world, but Terra is able to survive by hanging onto the human half of her existence. The group watches the world rejuvenate itself. - Final Fantasy 3 Wiki "


This is a very compelling story with a lot of character developments and a lot of side history. From what I do understand there are many playable characters in this game itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment